5

Mudrock's POV

I was calmly sailing with the abyssal beside me, however she never likes to start the conversation.

Mudrock : so, do you and your sister play with each other? Or do you all act so seriously all the time?

Abyssal sub : no, we play........... Games sometimes.........

Mudrock : hide and seek i assume?

Abyssal sub : yeaaa......... But we all........ Like to sleep......

I giggled a little, they do seem to always be sluggish during their patrols near me.

Mudrock : i do have a question though, why have you all been following me the entire time i had left the fortress?

Abyssal sub :......... Princess is worried......... About you......

Mudrock : ah, i see, that's understandable. I do tend to run into trouble a lot, even with my vast amount of detection equipment.

The sub nodded her head slowly, before leaving to swim around her sisters.

However, why would a woman of such importance be worried about me? Maybe it was a thirst for technology? *sigh* The amount of different answers are too much, i'll just have to wait and calmly collect evidence before judging.

I wonder how those shipgirls are doing? Hopefully they're doing fine, the structural damage i had done to the destroyers were quite painful. But maybe their human anatomy had something to help them?

I should just focus on sailing smoothly for now, i wouldn't want to start to drift away from them subconsciously.

.

.

.

Me and the pack of submarines had finally reached the fortress, although it seemed like 20 percent had left, likely an offensive attack, or maybe resource gathering.

Mudrock : i'm guessing another fleet from the group that had attacked me had gotten into your territory?

Abyssal sub : i think so........ Not too sure though.....

I'll ask Midway if she needs any help dealing with the intruders once i get to her. But for now i'll enjoy the little peace i have.

We made our way to the "cafeteria" which was more like a docking station more than anything. The girl tugged on my hand and pointed at one of the cranes with a small pile of what seems to be hand held containers.

Abyssal sub : supplies are loaded there.......... Please don't take too much.......

Mudrock : don't worry, i'll just grab two and be on my way, as for repayment, let's say that you can ask me for a favor.

Abyssal sub : mhm....... Okay.......

I sailed towards the crane and watched as it loaded the miniature containers into my rigging, i waited for the supplies to load while i look, around the place. It wasn't too dark, but pretty dim, however the fact that there seemed to be children running about "training" as the abyssals call it, could pose a danger.

But they seem to all be quite resillient against physical trauma, so i understand the lack of surveillance. Once they were all loaded up i started to leave, however one of the children came up to me.

??? : you, have reppu?

Mudrock :..... A reppu? Could you tell me what it looks like?

??? :....... It has propeller and wings.

Mudrock : ah, a plane. Sadly i don't, how about while i'm outside, i'll look for one?

??? :..... That would be nice...... Name is Hoppou, you?

Mudrock :..... My "name" is Mudrock.

The child tilted her head in slight fascination.

Hoppou : Mud........ rock....... Name is easy, i like......

I chuckled a little and petted her head, she seemed to like that gesture. I'll remember to give her more the next time i come to visit.

Mudrock : well, it's time for me to go now, take care of yourself  Hoppou.

She nodded her head and skipped along the walk ways. I made my way through the gates and out into the open sea, i waved at the abyssal girls on my way out. Once i was far enough from the fortress i took a deep breath, and then proceeded to use my tech to have map information.

Mudrock : hm, perhaps i should go to America? I wonder what that place is like.

I bring out a notepad and start writing down things i would need to do, or collect, Hoppou's Reppu being one of them. How would i get a toy plane anyway? A collectors edition this time as well.

Oh well, i'll found out eventually, the road of life is a strange, beautiful and cruel road.

I would know.

For now, i will simply enjoy the peace and quiet. Before all is laid to waste upon the fires of revolution.

Perhaps i do have PTSD after all.

.

.

.

POV change third person.

??? : Admiral! The 01 is on the move! They seem to be heading towards American seas!

Admiral ??? : shit, if we can't get her to stay in our docks just for a bit before other nations find out, we won't be able to accelerate our research to retro-fitting our girls.

??? : but ma'am, didn't you already have a meeting discussing about 01?

Admiral ??? : that may be true, but just a few hours of research could still do tremendous leaps in our shipgirl research.

Just as the radar man could nod his head, a red light stsrted to flash from the screen.

??? : oh shit, ma'am several Abyssal fleets have started to converge of 01's location! All of them are from different abyssal princess fleets!

Admiral :....... Fuck, if only missiles could lock-on to those monsters then we wouldn't be in this situation. Call off the approach.

The radar man look at the admiral in shock.

??? : bu-but ma'am, we can't just-

Admiral ??? : can't you see that we would be severely out-numbered if if we try to help her? We would lose more than we would gain.

The radar man sighed and nodded his head, turning back to the computer screen he starts to type in some commands, likely relaying the admirals orders to the fleet preparing to head out.

Admiral ??? : sometimes, the hardest choices require the strongest wills.

_________________________________

Some of you might be wondering why i suddenly stopped working for around 3 days

I broke my fucking toe.