2

(ahh thank you for 67 views and 11 votes for the last chapter <3)

A sharp swerve to the right, and she arrived. To her surprise, it hadn't been a long drive as she was mostly contemplating what to do with the current situation. She was outside her friend's house, Yu Nabi, whom she used to be best friends with in primary school before Sol had to move away due to her parents. Naturally, they grew distant, however  promised each other, they would keep on touch and be there for one another. 

Sol walked towards the house, small noises underneath her foot as they took steps towards the wooden door. A warm glow could be seen through the white laced curtains, head poked out, she saw Nabi opening the door. She had known that her friend would be coming in shortly after seeing the black, polished car parked outside of her driveway. 

"What unfortune event has lead you to come to me as your last resource?" Nabi asked the taller girl with a smile, ushering her to take off her shoes. 

"I told Jiwan..." 

"WHAT," the other girl stopped dead in her tracks, still holding one of the yellow slippers in her hand, ones she was about to give to Sol. Nabi had heard from Sol all about this girl, she had met her a couple times and thought she was very uplifting and energetic. She had also however heard how Sol has been suffering 10 years of heartbreak - 10 years of watching Jiwan holding hands with her boyfriend then, walking down the hallways at school, 10 years of hearing Jiwan talking about the guy she liked with a dreamy smile on her, 10 years of looking at her go on multiple dates, only to come home not satisfied and talking about going on another. 

"Yeah.. so that's the unfortunate situation that has lead me to come to you.." Sol said, trying to joke around so that she could change her friend's worried and empathetic facial expression. They began to walk to the living room, and she didn't know if she could mask her emotions anymore longer.  

"Sol.." Nabi said knowing that she isn't coping well inside, her own eyes began to well with tears as she saw her slowly breaking down in front of her. 

"I-I-I don't know, I w-was s-so confused with e-everything, and then J-J-" her voice cut off as she tried to say the name of the girl she had been in love with since middle school for the second time around, her tears began dripping down her face, then onto the carpet. 

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay, it's going to be okay Sol," Nabi rubbed her back, trying to console her, she felt a tear escape as she heard sobs from the other becoming muffled as they buried their head into a cushion. 

After the distressed girl had calmed down, she unravelled the story to her friend, stuttering in between words every while and then. As it became late, sleepiness overcame her and soon she fell asleep, not able to hear the ping of a new message from her phone. 

Bitna : Sol, I have Jiwan crying over the phone right now, do you now what happened???