1

Sol entered her apartment, immediately on her knees with her head in her hands. The sound of the door clicking shut behind her echoed in her ears as her eyes brimmed with tears once again. There she had done it, ruined 10 years of friendship with her best friend, beyond repair. A strangled noise coming out of her throat, rung. She knew there was no use in doing this, it wasn't going to change what occurred ten minutes ago, though she deeply wished it would. Getting up, she slowly walked towards the fridge, processing what just had happened.

"I meant what I said, so I'm not going to apologise, but I'm not sure about something more." 

Tears ran down her face, and she quickly wiped them with the back of her hand. Hastily, she grabbed a bottle of soju and began to drink, wanting the alcohol to take her memories of the event. In the corner of her sight, she saw a picture of of her younger self and Jiwan standing in a field of grass, caps and gowns on, peace signs in the air. 

This was no good, her house was filled with too many memories of Jiwan, she needed to go somewhere else. Her legs started heading towards the door, grabbing her jacket, car keys and wallet from the table beside the entrance. The door shut with a bang, and there she headed off, going down the elevator to the car park, hurriedly getting into her car and driving off to somewhere she hadn't clearly thought of yet in her mind. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to handle what had just took place under the streetlight in front of Sol's apartment, Jiwan rolled around her bed, half screaming, half crying. What had just happened? Was this going to be the end of her friendship with Sol? No, it couldn't be. She grabbed her phone, about to text a message to the other. What was she thinking? Jiwan placed her phone down, gazing at the packaging of the gummy bears that Sol had given her on the floor. How could she text a message to her after that  had just happened. The lingering feeling of her cheek being pressed towards her best friend's tense shoulder blades made her raise her hand, touching it lightly. She did not notice that a familiar figure stood out of her apartment looking at her, eyes glassy, then continuing to leave and drive away. She didn't know she wouldn't see her again for 10 days..