Chapter 4; Friday Night Fright emergency mission

Y/n's Pov: Skulltimate Roller Maze, or Scream for short.
When it's in season, it's held every Friday.
Its technically a race with rollerskates.
Its not just about being fast & agile, its also about game tactics, adapting to whatever the course throws at you, & being able to think on your feet in dangerous situations.
I would've joined Clawd's team, however with my super speed & not to mention my spider sense, I would've given his team too big of a cheating advantage.
So anyway, we're going up against the school's biggest & oldest rivals, the gargoyles of Granite City!
The 2 schools also compete for the other school's crest, which is a tradition that's been going for centuries.
I don't know, but it seems stupid if you ask me.
Anyway, during the game, those punks took out both Deuce & Gil, which means Heath & Manny are filling in for them.
But 1 of those punks had a piece of red cloth & enraged Manny taking both him & Heath out!
So now it's up to Clawd, & then HawkEye's super accuracy kicked in & enhanced my eyes since from what I saw on the screen, spikes came out of the gargoyle captains skates & won by cheating!
Man, does that ever burn me up!!

So now Granite City has our school crest & now apparently the next day, the school itself is falling apart!
Toralei has turned against us & is rooting for Granite City now.
Headmistress Bloodgood explained the situation to us.
Turns out, our crest holds an actual spirit, & if we don't get it back, the whole school will soon perish!
Deuce & Gil got banged up bad & Clawd has to be in a cast for 6 weeks, so as a result, Clawd has canceled the season!

So the ghouls decided to hold tryouts, & from what I can see, only Lagoona has what it takes & Frankie thinks Lagoona should be on the team.
However, the male monsters were getting upset 'cause Scream is supposed to be a boy sport, then it was mentioned that the 1st superstar of the game was a girl, a chick named Robecca Steam.

But the guys were still not having it & quit, probably to keep their dignity intact.

Frankie; "Hey, uh, Y/n, how come your not on the team?"

Y/n; " *sigh* Well, I got my reasons. With the stones I got so far & for moving too fast, I would've given Clawd's team far too much of a cheating advantage. That, & I never skated before"

So the ghouls decided to make the 1st all girl team, & Clawd wasn't happy about it.
But the ghouls practiced for the game anyway while Ghoulia searched the track for evidence to prove that the gargoyles cheated & apparently she also found some machine parts scattered around the track.

While the ghouls were training, Frankie & Draculaura were having trouble with their skates & when they were gonna crash, Operetta came out of nowhere with wheels on her shoes & swung over & saved them.

Frankie; "Wow, thanks! You really saved our bolts!"

Operetta; "I've been swinging on chandeliers since before I learned to walk"