Chapter 3: Cassidy

Sammy POV

I woke up to a gentle pinging sound. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. 'This is not my bed! Or my room! Where am I! Where's mommy and daddy! I wanna go home!' I thought, beginning to cry. I lady in white rushed in and sat down on the bed next to me. She put her arms around me in a hug, pulled me on her lap and rocked me back and forth. She was so nice, just like my mommy. I sniffed and tugged on her sleeve. She looked at me and said, "What is it, sweetheart?" I sniffed again and asked, "Where's my m-mommy? And where a-am I?" "Honey, you're in the children's ward at the Mental hospital. Your mommy is probably at home or at work. Don't worry, you'll be able to see her again..." she said softly, stroking my head. I laid my head against her chest and listened to her heartbeat. She sat there with me on her lap, rocking me back and forth, stroking my hair and humming softly. After what felt like an eternity, she stood up still holding me, turned around and set me back down on my bed. She got on her knees and looked me in the eyes. "Are you ok now sweetie?" She asked, brushing some hair away from my eyes. I slowly nodded my head and sniffed. "Well, now that you're ok, lets go wash up that pretty little face of yours and get you ready for breakfast!" she said standing up and walking over to my small dresser. She pulled out some clothes and held out her hand. I slowly stood up and took her hand. She led me out of my room and down the hallway a little bit to a doorway that had a sign that said, "Girls." She opened the door and brought me in. It was a large room, with bathroom stalls and sinks at one end, and a bunch of closet looking rooms at the other. She brought me to a sink and pulled out a little step stool for me to stand on. I stood on the stepstool as she got a fluffy white washcloth out of a large cabinet. She got the wascloth wet and put a teeny bit of soap on it, then rubbed the washcloth between her hands to make bubbles. After there were some bubbles on it, she lokked at me and asked, "Do you want to do it yourself?" I nodded and she handed me the washcloth. I washed my tear-stained face until there was no evidence that I had been crying. After I dried my face, she took me over to one of the closet thingies and opened the door. It wasn't a closet, but it had a large mirror, a small bench and a hook. "You can get dressed by yourself, right?" She asked me, setting my clothes on the small bench. "Y-yes," I replied, going into the room. "I'll wait out here for you, if you need any help, just open the door and tell me, ok?" She said kindly. I nodded my head and she closed the door. I turned and picked up my clothes. There was a black t-shirt and a dark green short-sleeved hoodie, as well as a pair of knee-length jean shorts. I got dressed, put on my socks and slid my slippers back on. I opened the door and walked out, carrying my pajamas. She looked over and saw that I was done, and she smiled. "You look adorable! Let's go back to your room and get your shoes on and brush your hair." She said, holding her hand out for me again. I took her hand a bit more confidently this time. She looked down at me and smiled, and I smiled back shyly. She gave a small giggle and we left the room, going back the way we had came to my room. I set my pajamas on the bed, and the nurse said, "Do you want to put that in the hamper so it can be washed?" I shook my head. "No, mommy always says that pajamas aren't dirty after being worn once. You can wear the same pair of pajamas twice before they need to be washed, unless of course you get sick and puke on them or wet the bed if your a bed wetter." I explained, sounding a little older than i was. The nurse nodded thoughtfully. "You know, that makes perfect sense. I think I might start doing that! Thanks for the advice Sammy." she said, laughing a little, probably to make sure I didn't feel offended. She went over to my dresser again and grabbed my hairbrush and a few hair ties. She looked over to me and asked, "May I do your hair? Or do you want to just brush it and leave it down?" I smiled at her and said, "You may do my hair if you want. I don't mind." "Yay!" she said happily, coming over to the bed and sitting down. She scooted so she was completetly on the bed and crossed her legs. She patted the bed in front of her smiling and said, "Please sit here Sammy. And while I do your hair, try not to wiggle too much!" I obeyed and sat in front of her, my back to her sitting criss-cross applesauce. She brushed my hair, working out the knots with her fingers gently. After my hair was tangle-free and soft, she set to work doing my hair. I sat there for about ten minutes, sitting perfectly still, only moving to rub a sleepy-seed out of my eye. "There! All done!" the nurse exclaimed suddenly, startling me a bit. "Go on, go see how you like it!" she said eagerly, getting up off my bed and bringing my hairbrush back to my dresser. I got off my bed and went over to the tall mirror that hung on my wall facing my bed. My hair was up in two buns on each side of my head, but some of my hair was hanging out from it like pigtails. I smiled and ran over to the nurse, throwing my arms around her waist in a hug. "So I take it you like what I did," she said, laughing. "I love it! Thank you so much miss!" I said happily. She laughed again, "It's no trouble hun. If you want, I could come do your hair every day." My face lit up. "Oh yes please! I would love it! Please would you miss?" "Ok, it's a deal. I'll come by every morning and do your hair before breakfast." She said, patting my head gently so as not to mess up my hair. "Um, miss?" I tugged lightly on the hem of her shirt. "Yes sweetie?" She said, squatting down so she could see my eyes. "I don't know your name, miss." She laughed, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Cassidy." "Ok. Thank you very much for doing my hair and calming me down miss Cassidy!" I giggled. "And you already know my name!" She laughed too. "Yup! Sure do kiddo. Well, now that your dressed and ready to go, how about we go get something in your belly?" As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly. "Well, no arguement here!" I said, patting my tummy.

I'm gonna leave it here for now, and finish in another chapter. Stay awesome, my kawaii readers!!!