Part 4

Song recs:
Dark red - Steve Lacy
Just for me (slowed) - pinkpantress
Nervous - The Neighbourhood

- akis pov -

A few days went by since I got beat up by my parents. We're still in the same spot at the stream. Just that I built us some kind of tent. Toyas wounds seem to be healing quite well. We're also not running short on anything. The only problem is, that it's winter and the temperatures are sinking extremely low, meaning I have to endure the cold every single second going by. Toya is doing great in this cold time thanks to his quirk. Luckily we were able to lit a fire warm up today though.

"So how exactly. Do we plan on starting a new life?" Toya asked as he watched the flames. "To be honest, I'm not sure where we are heading but for now our top priority should be to keep surviving. We should be looking for a cave instead of this tent, cause we're gonna be dead meat at the next storm" I explained. Toyas eyes agreed.

I spent the next days looking for wood in order to make some kind of transportation tool for this fried shrimp. Something was telling that within the next days there'll soon be a storm. Toya told me about a cave nearby so that's where we're heading to.

"Aaand all done" I said as I admired my piece of work. "I really wouldn't have expected you of all people to be talented in stuff like this" Toya already placed himself onto it. "Well there are probably even more things you'll discover about me soon". I took the transportation tool and made my way towards the said direction. I could already feel the tension in the air rising as a storm was building. It soon began snowing so much that I didn't know where to go. "Should we stop and wait or-" yelled through the wind. "I'm not sure to be honest but it shouldn't be that far away anymore" that meant I should keep going. "DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON ME IF YOU DIE THOUGH" I told him as I continued dragging him.

Finally. I found the cave. I put Toya into their as well as our other things. It was kinda wet in here but better than a tent. "Should I try to light a fire?" Toya asked and I nodded. I wrapped myself up in a blanket and Toya soon did the same. The wind was howling and soon we were able to hear thunders as well.

Yet again as everything seemed to fall apart. We were sitting next to a fire cuddling onto each other and laughing about old things we did. As long as we had each, we knew we would be just fine.

* a few days after *

"Toya, I gotta head to the city to get you some medicine, due to winter I can't find any herbs" I looked at him. "It's okay, I'll be okay. I don't need that stupid medicine to get better" he rioted. "Yes you do. Don't worry I won't die"

I got back and gave Toya everything he needed. Again we spent the night just enjoying each other's company.

* beginning of spring *

Time went flying and spring was right here. Finally herbs started to grow back again and Toyas wounds healed. Although he does have light scars now. "Should we go eat something downtown?" I asked him as we left our cave. "Isn't that dangerous?" Yeah he's right, it indeed was. "No danger, no fun?" I looked at him with a cheekish smile. "I can't convince you now can I?" A light smile was flashed by Toya. "Nope" I tool his hand and we began running down the stream. The birds were singing and butterfly's flew around. A warm breeze brushed through our hair. That was one of our happiest moments and there were more to come.

We went into our city and found a Ramen shop. "Damn I didn't have food like this in ages" he continued eating. "Haha yeah you're right. This tastes great" I said with a joyful face. We ran through the city afterwards. We had no one telling us when to come home nor were we caught in our cage anymore. We broke free and soon enough we would be even more free but right now, all that matters is that we're happy and we really are.