2.

((oh damn its been a long time hasn't it well uh hey guys

Zhongli woke up early, as he normally would, except Childe was laying next to him, quietly snoring. He immediately got up when he noticed that he had been clinging onto him, thinking he was something else. Quickly, he woke Childe up by poking him.

Childe knew what he was doing.

Childe got up and completely forgot that this even happened, when he did finally remember he just smiled, he was going to get Zhongli to fall for him, one way or another.

Zhongli knew for a fact he didn't go to sleep next to Childe, so what happened? Only Childe knows. He got up and sat on the bed for a long time.

"Gooodmorning~"

Childe greeted Zhongli, he was playing it off like it was nothing, it was not in the plan for Zhongli to notice him randomly sleeping next to him. He awkwardly laughed after a few minutes passed of Zhongli staring at Childe. Zhongli sighed.

"Well. What were you doing just then."

Zhongli asked, in all seriousness.

"Sleeping."

Childe responded, he laughed at his own joke, or well, half joke. He still laughed so it didn't really matter. He got off of the bed and immediately went to hug Zhongli, expecting Zhongli to accept his feelings. Though he wasn't really sure of if he'd accept or not, he still went for it! He knew this would either be extremely awkward, or not bad!  There's no way Zhongli couldn't fall head over heels for Childe, anyway.

Or so he thought.

When Childe got close enough, Zhongli walked away, leaving Childe standing in the bedroom at a loss for words. He loved him, and there was one other way to make that known to everyone in Liyue, Monstadt, Inazuma, you name it. Zhongli was in the kitchen making food for himself, while Childe was just "casually" strolling in. Zhongli was thinking about what he had just done, the impression he had given off, his lover from the Archon War, and if he really did like Childe back. No. There can't be any chance of Zhongli liking Childe back, he couldn't be known as the person who had low enough standards to date Childe, he just couldn't. He sighed as he soon finished and sat down at the table. Childe invited himself over and sat down with him.

"So. How's life? You must be suuper tired out from being yaknow, at the funeral parlor and such."

Childe attempted to make conversation, but it was most likely just driving Zhongli away.

"Don't speak to me, you keep acting like we're friends when we aren't. I never thought you were the person to pull such a stunt."

Zhongli looked up at Childe, dead in the eyes, even. He needed to make his point before Childe interrupted him, anyway. Childe sighed.

"Well. It can't be helped."

Childe got up and saw himself out of the house, he had no transportation, so he stood outside of his house, watching Zhongli eat and get ready for the day. He never knew how creepy this was, nor did he care, as long as he got to see Zhongli, do you really think Childe would care about his fate? He never found any other real reason to keep going until a kind man took him in. That man being Zhongli. He almost got caught on multiple different occasions, but still, Zhongli didn't see him somehow. Childe got insanely jealous when he realized that Zhongli had a past lover, now that his lover is deceased, there was nobody really in his way. It was a perfect opportunity to finally get to Zhongli's heart. Or at least try to, he would try, try, try again, until he dropped dead on the floor. He was sure of it. He knew what he was going to do was about to make a huge impact for both of their lives. He was going to Stalk Zhongli.

After that day, he spent day and night finding reasons to go into Zhongli's house, reasons to talk to him in Liyue once he saw him. It was still winter, so he woule hope to Rex Lapis that he would finally have a chance with Zhongli. The love of his life.

Little did Childe know, Zhongli *was* Rex Lapis. What a coincidence.

One day, he finally got the courage to go up to Zhongli and have full on conversations with him, pretending like nothing happened a few nights ago, when he, yaknow, slept next to him.

Zhongli was deep in thought for most of his days, he thought about Childe mostly, there was no shame in being attracted to Childe, however, Zhongli was Rex Lapis, Childe was a Fatui Harbinger, it wouldn't go very well if they were to get together, at least not for Childe. How would the Fatui think If Childe were to date Rex Lapis himself?!

Nobody really knows.

TO BE CONTINUED

((It wont take months this time lol