Prologue

Six-year-old Len Kagamine stared fixated at the TV screen. A man in a red cape was lifting up a car, freeing two scared-looking children. The boy nudged his sleeping sister. "Rin...Riiiin...C'mon, wake up!"

Rin yawned. "Ughhh...Len, what time is it?"

"I dunno, but look! Defender's on!"

"Defender again?" Rin rolled over. "Honestly, you and your dumb superhero shows..."

Len shook his sister. "C'mon Rin, stop being a bore! We gotta see Defender!"

"You want to. I'm going to sleep"

Rin then promptly plopped herself face-first onto the couch. Len shook her again, but to no avail. Len was about to start kicking her when the TV lit up. Ignoring Rin, Len jumped off the couch and in front of the TV.

Len watched fascinated as the triumphant horns of the Defender theme song began to play.

"And now, the Hero of Justice! The protector of Earth in a red cape! Defender is here!"

The caped man struck a pose. Len watched excitedly. His favorite part was coming!

"Now remember, you don't have to have powers to be a superhero. All you need is a brave mind, a strong heart, and above all, a sense of justice." the man said to the screen. "Then you can be a superhero, too"

Of course, what Defender said wasn't exactly what Len thought. But Len didn't care.

From that day on, Len had made his decision.

He was going to become a real superhero.