Since When Do Things Ever Go As Planned?

Grillby

I was cleaning up for the night. The bar had just closed and I felt exhausted. Upon occasion I found myself glancing at the stool where my favorite customer had once sat every night.. not that he'd be doing much of that, anymore.. Even if he'd never paid his tab Sans had been the best monster in my bar. He always knew how to liven this place up. Now it just seemed dead without him. I knew all the patrons missed him, but none of them could miss him more than I did. Sans had changed my life for the better. Helped me build this place up and become the well known establishment it was today. If not for him I'd be off doing the family business of Hotland Guard Duty. Not my cup of tea. I leaned on the counter and pinched the bridge of my nose. I never told him my feelings. We'd been friends since we were teenagers. I sometimes helped Sans with the much younger Papyrus. Some time as the years went by I'd found myself falling for the skeleton. Everyone at the bar knew it too. It'd become an unspoken rule that THAT stool was Sans' and only Sans could sit in it. Even to this day, it sat empty. It was painful, but I often found myself hoping he'd be there again, ordering his usual ketchup. A small smile played on my flames as I thought of fond memories. They were rudely interrupted by the chime of the entrance bell. "Bars closed. You'll have to come back again tomo- Papyrus?" The lanky skeleton came in followed by Undyne and Alphys. The two cold-blooded monsters were bundled up in thick layers- especially Alphys- while Papyrus sported, much to my surprise- his battle body, red scarf, boots, and gloves. The only thing that didn't surprise me was Sans' jacket around his waist. "... what can I do for the three of you?"
"SANS IS ALIVE!" I stared at him sympathetically. "Papyrus.."
"I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, BUT I KNOW HE'S ALIVE AND HE NEEDS OUR HELP."
"Papyrus has this theory that Sans is Judge, but SOMEONE did something to him to make him start a war." Undyne explained. "Who would do something like that to a guy like him?" I asked. "W-we don-t know.." Alphys admitted. "B-but it h-has some merit."
"So we are gathering people that he trusts to talk him out of it. You in?" Sans.. alive? It.. it was worth a shot. "I'm in."

Toriel

I returned to the Ruins for the night as I finished another exhausting day of searching for my child. I was losing hope of ever finding them.. what if they'd returned to some human family? It was saddening say the least. First my knock knock joke buddy and now my child was missing. Sleep was hard to find, say the least. Sometimes I did knock on those large doors hoping for my friends quiet 'who's there'. Sometimes I went to my child's room hoping to see them fast asleep. Safe and sound.. a tired sigh escaped me. Oh Frisk.. Sans.. I'm trying oh so hard. It seems like everytime I find happiness it slips away. Now here I am, alone once more. I headed upstairs and to my recliner. Perhaps some snail facts can busy me for a bit? It was no fun without my child being there to listen and learn about them. It was funny really.. we could go to the surface whenever we pleased, yet my dream of being a teacher never felt so far away. I put the book down. It was doing me no good. Maybe some pie? There was a new recipe I'd been wanting to try. Peacon pie. I wonder if Frisk would have liked it? I would have invited Sans and his brother over to try some as well. I slumped. Well my plans for pie were dashed. Why does everything I do remind me of them? I headed towards my bedroom. It was late and I would have to sleep eventually. Then a sound reached my ears and I paused at the steps. After a moment a distinct 'knock knock' sounded. "MY CHILD?!" I rushed down the steps and through the hallway. Were they back? Was my child home at last? I shoved the doors open. It wasn't Frisk and I couldn't help but allow my ears to droop in disappointment. "Greetings Papyrus. Oh and I see you have Undyne, Alphys, and Grillby with you. Would you like to come in?"
"YES PLEASE."

When they all settled I provided them with some pie I'd made a week back. "What can I do for you?"
"I-is F-Frisk here?" Alphys asked. "Yeah the punk should be here for this too." This made me pause. Undyne should know already, right? Surely she's part of Asgore's search party for my child. "You don't know?"
"Know what?"
"Frisk went missing a week ago.. Asgore should have told you."
"SEE?"
"Just because he forgot to inform me of something, doesn't mean he did something to Sans. For all we know he was gonna tell me tomorrow!" I was confused. "Excuse me but what?"
"I HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE ASGORE DID SOMETHING TO SANS." Grillby spoke up. "He says that Sans is alive and that Judge is Sans. The girls seem to believe this as well."
"W-we are g-gathering people th-at Sans t-trusts t-o snap him out of it." Alphys concluded. "..." I wouldn't put it past Asgore. I know that goat better than anybody. "I for one, believe all of Papyrus' accusations and will join you in this."
"REALLY?!"
Yes really and Annoying dog help Asgore if I find he is responsible for all this."

Asgore

It's slipping. He's regaining his will. Judge has become less willing to follow orders. If I tell him something he doesn't want to do he just stands their gripping his skull. I must fix this.