Gig

Ranboo POV:

"I just don't see how your the lead guitarist!" Techno exclaimed

"I'm just better, deal with it piggy" dream laughed

"Don't call me that!" Techno began to get furious, ready to leap at dream at any second

"Guys relax! Dream is the lead because he's been here longer and is arguably more popular. Besides your better at base" wilbur cleared up the argument

"Do we have to do this gig tonight?" I asked looking at wilbur. He was the leader of our band as well as the lead singer. He also booked all the gigs and festivals

"Of course man. It pays well. Maybe you can take your girlfriend somewhere fancy after tonight" wilbur smiled.

The mention of her made me remember this is all worth it.

"I'm gonna go see her before the show cool?"

"Cool" wilbur responded waving me goodbye, as I exited the door I heard dream and techno fighting again.

Although it was annoying is was amusing all the same.

————————

I went to my girlfriends apartment with a bouquet of flowers to surprise her as well as telling her I had a fancy dinner booked tomorrow for the both of us.

I walked up to the door and knocked.
There was no answer.

So I knocked again. Still no answer

I started to look through the windows to see where she was. She should be home.
It's a Friday and she doesn't work until late.

Then from behind me I heard a car pull up, a man got out of it and walked over to the passenger side opening it, only to reveal my girlfriend, she got out and immediately hugged the man.

Maybe it was just a friend dropping her off.

Until he kissed her.
On the lips.

She didn't back away. She didn't move.

She accepted it.

I stood there staring until they broke, as soon as she did, she saw me.
Instead of a face of embarrassment or regret.

She looked...

Annoyed

Like she was fed up with me.

"Babe... what- who's that? What are you doing?"
I asked dropping the flowers to the floor.

"Ugh for fuck sake" she mumbled

"This is Ethan. He's my new boyfriend"

"What- what do you mean your new boyfriend?" I said, my voice becoming to get shaky.

"Listen. I fell out of love with you a while ago. But I thought I'd do the nice thing and wait for you to stop caring about me. Plus you bought me nice things so it was easier to stay" she spoke, her voice stern. Like she had a heart of stone.

I simply ran away.

I could drink my night away after the gig.

———————-

Before we went on stage I bought a bottle of whiskey from a store, luckily my height helped with my lie of being legal to drink. I didn't have long left until I was legal to drink anyway.

I performed the gig to the best of my abilities, and then I was finally alone.

Alone to drown my sorrows with a bottle.