Scolded

If it hadn't been for my friends I think I might have been a goner.

After my fall the air had been knocked out of my to the point where black dots were dancing in front of my eyes.

I'd laid there for who knows how long when Riggs and Zyon helped me onto my knees while Ulani kept watch.

A few moments later she'd warned us that the aliens were headed our way so we got up and turned toward them, ready to bolt.

I'd looked at them. One was about our size and the other was slightly smaller.

We could fight them, I thought.

The smaller one screamed, knocking me out of my trance and I ran with my friends like our lives depended on it until we were back with the other truphies.

A few moments later the search group returned as well and the real fun began...

"What were you thinking!" My mum shouted as my dad gave me the death glare, "You could have been killed! And even worse, you put your friends in danger too!"

"So much for, 'I love you, glad you're alive.'" I mumbled.

"Dont give me that sassbyoung lady! You are fifteen and top of your class. Why are you making a two year old's decision?!"

Harsh.

"Carla dear, let me talk to her," my dad said.

My mum left the roombafter giving me a look that seemed to say, "We're not done yet."

"You're a lot like me you know," my dad said, "you're ready to run into danger if it means you'll get your answers. You disobey rules if you find it to your benefit. Most importantly, you're a born leader. If you go down you drag others down with you, even if it wasnt your intent. What you did today... it was stupid, your mother made that very clear, but itbwas also what I would've done so I don't think its right to scold you."

I nodded, relieved.

"However, I do need you to understand your mistake. You ran headfirst into danger and brought along your friends, putting them in danger too. You also disobeyed your mother's direct orders, earning yourself a scolding. But you were also very brave and, dare I say it, smart. I never would've thought to climb a tree and when I spotted you up there I sent Gem up to take a look as well, which gave us some valuable information. So, good job."

I beamed.

My father opened his mouth to say something else, but the ground began to shake violently and loud sirens started blaring.

I knew those sirens.

They meant one, dreadful, thing.

We were under attack.