└ 21 ┐

A/N: A super loooong update since it's been a really long while! It's finally vacay for me, and I missed all of you. Enjoy, Snowflakes! <3

•••

└ “Your impression of people is renewed every day. As you spend time with them and grow with them, you come to understand more.” —Shizuka Hiratsuka ┐

According to the paperwork, and the lack of visible weapons outside of those carried by the Head Ninja and two others, the group heading towards Konoha from Kumogakure were a peace delegation.

However, in reality, Kumogakure never truly sent peace delegations.

They felt that any advantage the opposing villages, that is the rest of the Elemental Nations, had, they should strive for. If they need to infiltrate the other villages to get it, they’d do anything to acquire it.

Which brought them to this day.

“For generations, the Hyuuga clan have hidden their dojutsu’s secrets behind several layers of supposedly impenetrable security,” The Head Ninja announced, teeth clenching as he once again ran through their plans in his head, “They claim that it should be unique to them and only them. But we believe that all knowledge and jutsu should be shared...”

‘I mean, how would we ever win the inevitable fourth Shinobi World War, if they don’t give up their combat secrets beforehand?’ He added, internally, already imagining everything that is yet to take place and relishing in their eventual victory.

They shall hand the opposing villages, including Konohagakure, defeat. And only in the end, Kumogakure will be the last standing. Their Kumogakure will reign. And he is the one to lead them there.

Perhaps, after their success here, he could desire after the Raikage seat as well.

It hasn't been that long since A inherited the position from the Third Raikage, but in his humble opinion, he - who is currently leading their ‘peace treaty’ group on their trek to Konohagakure - was far more deserving. He was the one striving and proving. Not A.

He glanced at the shinobis before him, and delighted at seeing their awed expressions. He licked his lower lip, feeling much more elated.

“Konohagakure has denied us their knowledge for long enough. There will never be peace between our villages so long as they continue to do so,” He continues with his speech, face leisurely darkening as everyone else comes closer to hear his voice clearly, “...Thus, we shall be the ones to put an end to this. We will bring them to their undoing.”

He finished, welcoming the exhilarated cheers from the rest of the delegation.

“So, Naruko, are you going to hang out with Sasuke-kun today?”

Naruko looked up from her rice omelette and glanced at Kushina,

“You guys don't have classes today, right?” The latter inquired as she poured some tea on her white teacup which was decorated with tiny, swirling whirlpool figures all around it and seemed quite new.

“First of all, that teacup's cute. I've never seen it before. It's new, isn't it?” Naruko rambled, before she got into close proximity and asked in a low tone, “...Does Otou-chan know?”

She sent a quick glance at the teacup, then looked around them warily.

Having not sensed any familiar chakra signatures around them, she eased up and continued, “As for your question, S'suke is probably gonna train by himself again today. I guess I could go check on him later if I feel like it. He definitely wouldn't want me around to annoy him, though.”