Chapter 3

ALEC

We're having family dinner tonight, as we do every Sunday. Our men, their families, grandpa and grandma are all here, and of course, Leo and Grace, but they always eat with us since they live alone.

For being two hermits, mom and dad sure got a big family, but it's good that they're only here once in a while, otherwise I would go crazy too. I'm more outgoing than them, but I still need my peace and quiet.

Sofia, Lily and Chloe are talking about school, but start whispering when they talk about some guy. They don't want their dads to hear. Even if dad is softer on them, I have more freedom. He knows that I can take care of myself, and girls where never an issue as long as I don't get them pregnant.

Sofia and Lily are not a part of the illegal business and haven't been trained to defend themselves since they were never interested and always have guards with them to do that for them. Mom didn't want me to be in the business either, but she knew that she couldn't stop me, so she never tried to. She respected my decision.

Sofia, Lily and Chloe all go to the local college, but since it's close, they all live at home instead of on campus. Dad and Antonio would never let them anyway for safety reasons. They have guards with them at school, but they keep in the background.

Nico, Isaac and Aiden are talking about the girls they hooked up with last night.

"Hey, what happened to the girl that sat with you?" Isaac asks me.

I shrug my shoulder. "Don't know. Dad called and I never went out there again until we closed. Nico and the girls were gone by then anyway."

Isaac looks at Nico with a smirk on his lips. "Did you have a threesome?"

Mom and Caroline turn their heads toward us and narrow their eyes.

"What! No, I drove the shy one home and, you know, the other one I kind of followed home before I came back for you," he says a little quieter, still feeling the gaze from our mothers.

I chuckle and mom and Caroline shake their heads. I'm glad that he drove her home, though. I don't think I will be seeing her at the club anymore. She seemed really uncomfortable being there.

I'm not really a party person either, but I own the club, and as long as no one makes me dance, I enjoy my time there. Sitting in the VIP-area and having a drink is a lot calmer than being downstairs. Some days are mostly work anyway.

It's Wednesday and I'm at the club again. It's open every night except on Sundays.

I'm sitting in my office when Isaac knocks on the door. "Capo, [Boss,] there's a problem at the bar."

"What kind of problem?" I say, looking at the monitors. There're two women up on the bar counter, dancing, and men are flocking around them. I sigh. "Tell the guards to get them down. That's what I pay them for," I say a little annoyed.

Can't they handle their job?

"They're kind of busy with some guys," he says, pointing at another monitor. There's a fight between what seems like two groups. "Two of them started arguing about taking the girls home with them and their friends got involved and it escalated."

I sigh again. "I'll handle it."

I walk out to the VIP-area and down the stairs to the first floor. I make eye contact with the DJ and make a sign for him to cut the music. Everyone stops dancing and turns to me and the fight taking place. They all know who I am even if I don't show myself down here very often. They know who owns the club.