Chapter 2

Model above: https://instagram.com/___sourabpramanik___?igshid=k27oqp6nxg17

ALEC

I walk up to my room, strip out of my clothes and step in under the warm water. We have a gym here in the house, but I saw a good business opportunity two years ago and bought a gym in town. Not without dad's approval, of course, since we run all of our businesses together, but he doesn't get involved with it more than checking the numbers from time to time to make sure that I do a good job, which I always do. We sold the Gentleman's club a few years back, so I thought we could use another investment that's legal.

I have a manager both at the gym and at Empire, but I always check in a few times a week to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Like my dad, I don't trust my men or employees to keep the businesses on top. That's my responsibility.

The gym was pretty popular before I bought it. A few MMA fighters and underground fighters also train and work out there. I just made it better by fixing it up, buying better equipment and hired better trainers. That's why I rather work out there most of the time than at home.

I've been in some underground fights. Not because of the money, that I have enough of, but for the practice and the adrenaline rush it gives you to beat someone up. I haven't done it in a while, though. I have more important things to attend to and I get the training I need at the gym...and on the occasional punk that disrespects me.

I dry my muscular, tattoo-covered body with a towel and wrap it around my waist. I style my dark brown hair that's cut in a side comb fade, walk into the walk-in closet and get dressed for a night at Empire. It's Saturday, so it's going to be packed.

When I'm done, I walk out to the waiting black SUV with tinted windows and get into the passenger side. Nico's driving and Isaac and Aiden are sitting in the back.

"Sorry again about the car, Capo, [Boss,]" Isaac says.

"Just don't let it happen again. You know that I hate waiting."

We arrive at Empire and it's still early, but the line to the entrance is already long with people who want to get let in. My men and I walk past them and I nod at Kevin, the bouncer, when I walk past him.

"Boss," he says, nodding back.

Ignoring all the looks we always get when we enter, we walk up to the VIP-area and straight through the staff door that leads to the office. I walk past Zack, the manager's, office and say 'hi' to him. There's no need to get filled in since I was here yesterday. Nico, Isaac and Aiden follow me into my office and sit down on the couch while I go over the numbers from yesterday. I have monitors on one wall that're connected to the surveillance cameras in the club so I can keep an eye on how everyone's behaving from here.

"It's going to get packed tonight," Nico says. "Do you know if the girls are coming? I never had the chance to ask Chloe about it."

Chloe is Nico's younger sister. She's 22, just like Sofia. And by the girls, he means Chloe, my sisters and their friends. It was enough to have one sister turning 21 and going to clubs. Now I have two that I have to keep my eye on. Dad only allow them to go here so my men and I can keep an eye on them.

"No, not tonight. They were going to have some movie marathon or something at our house," I tell him.

"Good," Nico says, letting out a sigh of relief.

I'm glad too. It means that we can relax and have some fun.

We walk back out to the VIP-area on the balcony and sit down at our usual table in the far corner. You can see most of the club from here. We order our drinks and it doesn't take long before some girls come over. I nod at the guard to let them through. Isaac and Aiden follow two of them down to the dancefloor while Nico and I sit and talk to the other two. Neither him nor I are that into dancing.