CHAPTER 3 Giving Lust A Try

It has been six months since Tess's birthday feast and she still hasn't spoken a word to Isabel since she got word of the news of her marriage with her love Prince Hakeem.

Isabel on the other hand was rather preoccupied with letters from her gentleman suiter, and she is enjoying every moment of bliss that she shared with him. In his letters, he expresses his interest in Christianity and that he loves that they share the same views on family morals. He expressed that he wants a large family and Isabel was all too intriguing to comply as she wishes nothing more than have a castle filled with laughing kids of her own.

They have shared over a hundred letters in the past month and Isabel found herself anxiously waiting for the carter to bring her his letters. She learned something new about him every day and she couldn't get enough of him at that point. Marriage no longer seemed to be a trap but a sweet escape to be with her prince for a lifetime.

"Your Grace, Lady Violet wishes to have a word with you" June stated

"Lady Violet? What might be so urgent that she didn't inform us of her unwanted visit?" Juliet replied

"Have her meet me in the garden, I shall be with her shortly"

"Very well your Grace"

"I wonder what might this visit be about" Jonathon questioned

"I don"t know, but I shall find out momentarily, If you need me I will be the garden attending to our un-invited guest"

Lady Violet was slender built, she was very beautiful with little wrinkles on her face one would fail to think she is just 48 years old. She has long black hair that was pinned in a bun and decorated in green rubies. Her eyes were a shade of the bluest sea paired with beautifully painted burgundy lips

"Lady Violet, to what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" Juliet asked as she approached her

"Your Grace, your looking radiant as ever. I wish to catch upon things. it has been awhile since us ladies got together and chat"

"Well I suppose your right, I do miss our little rendezvous. So how have you been? And how"s my niece, Am sure she heard the wonderful news of Isabel's betrothed to Prince Hakeem of France"

"Oh yes, we all heard of the wonderful news at Tess"s birthday feast. I must say it came as quit the surprise"

"And why might that be? She is the future Queen of Spain is she not? Such arrangements are futile for the flourishment of one's country and its people"

"While I agree with such notion, I do have worries if that is the best arrangement for Isabel"

"Lady Violet, are you suggesting that your Queen made an error in judgment?"

"Oh no, I mean no such thing, Am just worried for Isabel, you know I consider her my second daughter,, though her relationship with Tess has seen better days, I had hoped it would blossom when we got back"

"Well, I admire your perturbation towards my daughter, but rest assured that her prosperous future will and always will be my priority and well as her father. That you can be sure of"

"Now, if that is all, I shall ask you to leave. And take heed that such conversation doesn't happen again"

"My apology Your Grace, I mean no disrespect. I shall take my leave"

Outside in the garden, Sam and Isabel sat around the table while making plans for the future. While enjoying the crisp autumn breeze.

"I am telling you, this is faith. What are the chances that you would find someone so sweet like Hakeem?" Sam stated