CHAPTER 5 New Beginning

"It was late at night when Isabel noticed a flicker of light through the horrific woods. She had been traveling on the same route all afternoon through to the night, searching for signs of life whilst evading her abductors. Drenched in mud and sweat, one glance at her and one might think she is no one but a lowly commoner.

With the possibility of her torturous night coming to an end. Isabel scurried towards the village in the distance. She was so overjoyed that she failed to notice the man heading in her direction.

"I'm afraid you've reached the end of the road young lady"

Kingsley's voice crept through the restless night as his men approached her

"Let me end your misery here and now. Besides, with your princess gone, you have no place at court"

With the last of her energy, Isabel swiftly dashed through the rough terrain, in a last attempt to escape. With cuts and bruises on her legs, hands, and feet, Isabel knew she won't get far, but she had to give it her all no matter what.

"As she ran towards the village nearby, her hair was caught in a row of branches. The swift motion caused the branches to propel her backward, slamming her head on the pavement causing a blunt force trauma to the head... She was at that point, out cold,

"Go after her NOW! she mustn't be kept alive" Ordered Kingsley

"Sir, we've searched everywhere, the only thing I've found is this hairpin. She must have dropped in while we were chasing her"

"Let me take a look at it...This is no ordinary hairpin! this is the heirloom given to the princess by her mother" Kingsley responded

"That bitch must have stolen it while her princess stood dying"

"So, what should we do? It's gonna be morning soon and our patron would want proof that the job is done" Asked Killian

"Let her be. Besides, our job is done. "Let's head back and claim our reward" Kingsley responded

As the men depart from their chase. Isabel laid motionless on the damp ground of the Zaragoza forest. Sleeping soundly through the whimsical night sky.

It was at the break of dawn when a collective group of slave tradesmen found Isabel's unconscious body. After doing a thorough search on her body, Julius the head tradesman deemed she would make a perfect house slave and would sell at a hefty price.

With that in mind, they placed her body in the caged wagon with the other slaves and continued their journey to their best buyer the De Kervat family.

Today is the day that Isabel was to meet her betrothed at Pals, Girona. With no recollection of her memory and no way to reach her loved ones. Isabel, unfortunately, will have to find her way out on her own.

It was early Monday morning when Isabel woke from her unintentional slumber. Unaware of the predicament she was in. With unfamiliar faces piercing down on her, she sat up, securing her back on the rough metals of the cage.

"Look, our young miss is waking up" Shouted Daniel

"Hi, you're finally awake! Had a rough night huh?" Asked Sue-Ann

"You've been out cold all night. I actually thought you were dead"

"Wh, where am I?"

"Haven't you heard? we are on a one-way trip to paradise!" Sue-Ann remarked sarcastically

"Please pay no attention to my friend here. She gets a bit over-exaggerated at times."

"So uh, where are you from?" Asked Daniel