CHAPTER 4 Unforeseen Confrontation

Today was the big day. Isabel was to meet Prince Hakeem at Pals, Girona for their first face-to-face interaction, and Isabel could not be more excited. Over the past 2 days, Hakeem had sent letters, expressing his passion for their bounded future. Sharing his hopes and dreams sharing his plans as couples do.

"My Darling Isabel

The moment I've dreamt about is almost here. How I've longed to see. My heart ached every day, turning for your embrace and gentle kiss.

I pray that we would be blessed with many kids as my parents do. The boys would be high strong and bold like me and the girls would be as lovely and wonderful as you.

As the day nearest, I find it hard to sleep with much excitement. 

I look forward to the day that I can hold you in my arms, for I might never let you go.

Love

Hakeem"

It was a bright crisp Saturday morning. The sun's rays glistened on the cool surface of the pond, nestled in the center of the castle's botanical garden. Thou the heat was pelting, it fails in comparison to the heated lust Isabel felt towards Hakeem. Today"s the day she will meet him and Isabel can hardly contain her excitement for the trip ahead. 

After careful deliberation, Isabel finally convinces her father that the route through Zaragoza would be best for her long journey to Pals, Girona, as suggested by Baroness Sarah De Levones. 

"My darling Isabel. It feels as though it was just yesterday that we received the letter about your departure. Now that the time has come, I'm afraid I find it hard to let you go" Jonathon remarked as he hugs Isabel farewell

"I know, time certainly goes by swiftly. But not to worry father. for I shall be home in no time"

"Oh, you say that but somehow I'm still saddened by departure. How, ever would I manage with you gone for an entire week!" Juliet stated as she wipes her damped eyes

"No need for tears mother, I"ll be gone for just a week, not an entire year. You'll see me soon enough. Besides... you can take this as an opportunity for you to spice things up with father if you understand what I mean!"

With cheeks as red as a rose, Juliet blushes as she picks up on what Isabel was suggesting.

"Uh!, ooh... I awe, I suppose you are right. It's only one week, I'm sure I could find other means of, thrilling entertainment while you"r away"

"I have no doubt you will mother"

"Madzie darling, I trust you have everything ready for the long journey?

"Yes, your majesty. All is packed and ready to go as requested"

"Excellent. Now, Mr. Jones, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of Isabel's safety being a top priority!. You are carrying the future of our kingdom in that carriage and my only child. Please bring her home safely"

"You have my word, your majesty. I shall protect the princess with my life if I  need be" Responded the royal guard Mr. Jones

"Father, don't you think it's a bit much for me to be chaperoned by half the royal guards?"

"Nonsense, anything to keep you safe my darling."

"Madzie, I can't express how delighted I am that you will be going me on my journey. I'm sure we would have a marvelous time together"