Chapter 2: Coming Back

Chapter 2

Coming Back
---------------------------------------
Cyntheia

"Said you love me, no one above me and I was all you had!" I sang along with Ashanti while I bopped around the room trying to find my missing therapeutic sock. My little bean was really puttin' some work on my feet, and I don't remember it being this bad when I was first pregnant.

"You know my heart is beating for you, I can't deny," I went on. I love my girl Ashanti.

I went on and crawled around on the floor trying to look under the bed for it. I saw it near the middle and did my best to reach for it. Once I grabbed it I stood up right and took in a deep breath, I'm forever breathing heavily, and struggling to do things because of how large I am. I was so small for so long before I just started to blow up out of nowhere. Those first few weeks after I had to stop taking the medication, I was petrified. I could no longer have that carefree and comforting feeling that the pills gave me, but luckily I was staying with mama while my new house was being worked on for those few weeks, and she kept reassuring me that I'd be fine and that I lost my mind to think that I wasn't going to be a good mother. She had went on and on with stories about me taking care of Malik and how good I had done at such a young age and now that I'm a grown woman and been through all that I have and have this new found mindset, I'll be even better.

"You're just gonna be huge when you come out huh?" I asked as I looked down at my stomach. There was of course no vocal response, but there was a little kick to my stomach.

I smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed to try and get my sock on, but was failing miserably until the doorbell went off.

"Really?" I huffed. I left the sock on the bed and got up heading to the stair case.

The stairs are the only problem with this new house. In my old one there were no stairs and there was all one level, but now this new house is two levels and huge, probably not my best idea since I'm in here alone and have to get everything myself, so there's a lot of walking up and down the steps, especially since my office is down stairs. I really do a lot of running back and forth to get the folders I leave often due to pregnancy brain.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" I yelled once I got to the middle of the steps and they rang it again. I bopped down the rest of the steps and made a light jog to the door so that I didn't keep whoever it is waiting for any longer.

Once I finally got to the door I pulled it open to see Dante standing there with an aggravated expression. I immediately tensed up thinking he wasn't here with good news.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked him as I let him step inside. I closed the door behind him and stood in front of him after he turned to face me.

"Had a lil information to come share with you 'bout ole girl." He informed. I nodded and rolled my eyes before walking back up the steps to my room.

"We're gonna have to make this quick. I have a lot of work to do today and I gotta leave soon."

"Iight, I gotta go pick up DJ in a second anyways." He explained as I took a seat on the edge of my bed and he stood in front of me. I grabbed my sock and threw it at him.
"Can you put this on me? I'm on struggle right now and can't reach my fat ass feet." I complained. He chuckled shaking his head before leaning down and sliding the sock on my foot and then turned around to my vanity behind him grabbing the other one, and then sliding that one on my other foot.