Chapter 8 - Lower Moon 6

A year had passed from when I had said goodbye to Giyū, and I was on my way to Onomichi. It was getting pretty depressing, traveling alone. I looked up and the sky and sighed. It was nearly nightfall. I barely had a day's rest, I whined silently in my head.

When I got to the village, I heard a cluster of people whispering. "Something's been killing my oxen," hissed a middle-aged man, while an old woman sobbed, "Did you hear about my daughter's son, Haruto-Kun? Died at such a young age..."

I tapped a young woman on the shoulder. "Hello," I said politely, "Has there been any suspicious activity around here? If so, where? By the way, I'm Aimi Kizuki."

The young woman nodded her head. "I'm Y-Yusui, Ichi-Ichika Yusui. Yes, there has been suspicious activity. M-my... my fiancé went missing around there," Ichika whimpered, pointing behind her. Then. without another word, Ichika burst into tears.

What was going on here? I checked the sky, which was now streaked with pink and purple. It was nearly nighttime. I smiled and brushed my fingers along the sheath of my sword. "Yusui-san!" I said, and she looked up at me. "I swear," I whispered, gripping her hands, "that I will avenge your fiancé."

* * *

That night, I prowled along the streets, trying the catch the demon. It was the middle of the night. I yawned. I was so tired. "Demon, come out, I want to go to sleep for a few hundred years," I said sarcastically, rubbing my eyes.

But when I opened my eyes, there was someone standing in front of me. A demon, to be precise. The demon was a tall, elegant young man in a yukata. He was holding two paper fans, and the kanji for 'Lower Moon 6' was carved onto his eye. "Y-you're a lower moon!" I stuttered. Was I strong enough yet?

"Yes, yes-- wait what? You're a demon slayer!" he squealed and shook my hand, "I'm Akira Kidenkami! Lower Moon 6~"

He lifted his paper fans, and did a kind of dance with them, except--

Those aren't normal fans.

They were gathering electricity. I quickly took out my blade and stood, ready. As the fans generated a ball of energy, I thought of which form/note to use. Fourth Note of Sixth Note? I decided on Sixth Note and focused all my energy on the ball of electricity.

As Akira released it, I slashed my sword, using Sixth Note: Song of the Demon's Demise. "Oh?" he cocked his head as the ball of electricity rebounded to him, "I've never seen that technique before!" He quickly extinguished the ball with a wave of his fan.

He did a dance, much quicker than the one before, and I jumped, the ball of electricity just missing me. I could've died! "Oh, such quick reflexes!" Akira gushed, and lashed out at me, aiming for my shoulder. I stepped away, just in time, and he fell crashing to the floor.

I lifted my katana and breathed in, then used Eighth Form: Angel's Beautiful Voice. Akira screamed a scream I had never ever heard before, and his head rolled to the floor. "How weak," I snorted. "Aimi Kizuki!' a bird-like voice crowed.

I jumped and saw the shape of a crow flying over my head.  "You are to head over to the Butterfly Mansion!" it said in a raucous voice, "No buts!" 

I blinked. "What?"

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi guys, starri here! Sorry, this chapter was so short... anyways, should I start making Taisho Secrets and Rumors for this series? Also my own Kimetsu Academy AU? I'm pretty sure I should, right? Anyways, see you in the next chapter <33!

 anyways, should I start making Taisho Secrets and Rumors for this series? Also my own Kimetsu Academy AU? I'm pretty sure I should, right? Anyways, see you in the next chapter <33!