Post-Blip Two

Four months after Endgame/Two months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Bucky watched silently as Flora moved string back and forth. Alpine was attacking the string and periodically Flora would have to take it back.

"You can join instead of being creepy, you know," Flora said.

"I know, doll," he replied. "But it's fun watching you play with her."

"As opposed to you actually playing with her?"

"Both are fun, Flor. Forgive me that I enjoy watching."

Flora stood and Alpine continued attacking the string. "Buck, is everything okay?"

He nodded. "Everything's okay, doll."

She studied his expression. "No, I don't think it is. What's wrong?"

Bucky placed his hands on her shoulders, stroking them gently. "Flora, I promise you, nothing's wrong."

"Then why do you have your sad expression?"

"I don't know. I'm not sad."

"Is it because of me? Because we're not together?"

"I-"

Flora smiled. "Because if that's it, I'm ready. Nothing super crazy has happened in four months, and it's probably about time we give in to what we both obviously feel."

He pressed his lips to hers and she reciprocated.

When the two pulled apart, he asked, "Will you be my girl, Annie?"

Flora's lips twitched slightly at the nickname, though she was more amused than annoyed, and she nodded. "Yes, Bucky, I'll be your girl."

"God, I love you."

"I love you, too."

The two shared another kiss.

Alpine abandoned the string she was playing with and circled Flora and Bucky, rubbing against the two of them.

Flora picked up the cat and scratched her behind the ears as she smiled. "I'm shocked it took me so long to be ready."

Bucky shrugged. "It's okay, doll. You've had a long, difficult life. Some folks take more time to be ready for a relationship. You needed time, and I was willing to wait; no matter how long it took."

Flora kissed him again and smiled. "How'd I get so lucky?"

He tucked her hair back. "I could ask the same." He pressed his forehead to hers, wanting to enjoy the simplicity of the moment.

Alpine leapt from Flora's arms and ran back to her string, wiggling her butt in the air before attacking it.

Flora laughed as she and Bucky watched the cat who'd gotten another burst of energy.

Bucky glanced at Flora and kissed her temple. Flora smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arm around his waist. He pulled her closer to him, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they continued watching Alpine play with the string.