Buried Truth

It feels like Tooru loses a lot in his life.

To luck and chances.

To Ushiwaka.

To talent.

And he had lost Tobio two times already.

But he won't let this one be a loss.

"Tobio... Tobio...!"

He ran as if his life depends on it. He's no longer clueless, even if the identity of the culprit remains unknown, he knows now where Tobio is.

"Tobio wasn't in his room this morning! I've gone to the police station already but please, Tooru-kun, tell me if you've ever seen him,"

His heart clenches as the kind old man's face contorted in fear and worry. Even if he had only met Kazuyo for a few days now, his worry for Tobio was no different than Ayane's worry previously though softer and purer. Kazuyo and Tobio had only reunited with each other recently.

He won't let them be separated ever again.

"Oikawa?"

Tooru pants as he looked at the closed gate of his school, a few students gathering outside whispering to each other, "Iwa-chan what's—what's going on?"

Iwaizumi shook his head, "We don't know. The teachers were here just now looking panic but they didn't say anything,"

Tooru's blood ran cold and his face grew pale as his mind reeling to the worst-case scenario, "Tobio... Tobio is missing,"

Iwaizumi's eyes widen in horror, "Are—are you serious? How—"

Tooru shook his head, "I don't know—I don't—but Tobio is inside there, Hajime. He's inside the school!"

"Calm down, Tooru!" Iwaizumi grab him by the shoulder and waited until Tooru's breathe is even, "Are you really sure he's there?"

Tooru nodded wordlessly and Iwaizumi looked at him seriously before he nodded as well, "Okay. Let's sneak in,"

Tooru feels touched as Iwaizumi looks at him genuinely with no doubt in his eyes, "Let's go to the back,"

He had to thank Kindaichi for telling him about this secret passageway. The hidden hole feels bigger compared to before which is probably either due to their smaller body and the plant haven't grown that much.

The moment he catches sight of the storage room, he immediately bolted towards the door, his thoughts occupied by Tobio's safety only.

"Hey! What are you doing here!?"

He didn't manage to turn the doorknob as his hand was caught by Miyano; the discipline teacher. He gritted his teeth as he tried to snatch his hand away.

"Oikawa? Iwaizumi? How did you get in here?"

"Hebihara-sensei!" Tooru turns a pleading eye at Hebihara who's looking at them in confusion, "Sensei please, Tobio—Tobio is missing and he's there! He's inside the storage room!"

"Wha—what are you talking about? We have other things to be concerned with now!"

"What happened sensei? Why are you guys just keeping silent right now?" Iwaizumi asks and Tooru can hear the fear interlaced in his voice. He too feels scared imagining what could have caused the teachers to be so disturbed.

"We couldn't say anything right now. We've already told the other students to go home so you guys should go home too,"

Tooru snapped as he snatches his hand and pushes Miyano by grabbing him by the collar, "Stop hiding things from us just because we're kids! Tobio is missing right now and god knows what's happening right now so please..."