Girlie

I stepped off the train platform into the cool afternoon air. The clouds overhead were gray as can be. I sighed as I thought off all the times I came here with my parents. I shook my head. There was no time to be sad. There wasn't time for anything anymore since the killing started. I had to get to my safe haven, the Palace, they called it. They trained girls 3 years and over with special abilities to survive in this damaged world. Maybe even repair it. They did a good job but, how they did it was cruel. Pushing girls to the max and if they didn't please the trainers, they were punished. I rubbed the bruise that marked my cheekbone and heard an explosion as I took a look behind me. The train was in smolders all over the tracks. I was running in no time.
"Stop" my brain said to me. I kept running.
"Stop, Brazil. You're going to waste all your energy." I muttered to myself. I stopped and took a deep breath. 20 miles to go and the a train. 5 miles turn left and train station. Then turn left 4 miles later and Turn right 1 mile the hike through the mountain. All this has to be accomplished in 4 days. It's not impossible cause I just finished doing it a week ago. I took a look around at my surroundings. The dust kicked up at my feet as I walked. When the bombings started people panicked and tried to escape. It didn't work from my perspective. This desolate, worn, polluted place was known as New York. I heard a crunching sound behind me. I should've been on my guard cause as the knife slid over my neck I figured it was over. I wouldn't make it in 4 days or not even a year cause I would be dead.
"Come on. I don't have to do this just give me everything you own and I will let you go." a voice spoke smoothly into my ear.
I sighed and put my hands up in surrender, taking off my backpack and placing it on the ground.
"Nice girlie." the boy said behind me. "Now turn around slowly and let me see your pretty face."