The nursery

We sat in the hospital room with Eden telling her goodbye when the doctor came in.
"Don't worry everything is fine. I'm sure you've noticed you seem to have 2 very different babies."
"Yes I did." Eden said.
"Well it seems that since you and Mathew are mixed race parents, one baby was born with white skin and blonde hair and the other was born with dark skin and dark hair." He said
"Wow." Eden said.
"It is very rare but not dangerous. They will grow up happy and healthy."
"Thank you doctor!" She said.
"Eden they are so beautiful! Do you have names yet?" I asked.
"Yes this-" she said holding up the baby with black hair. "Is Everest Rae Nathenson, and this " she said nodding to the one with blonde hair. "Is Addison Nicole Nathenson."
"That's really beautiful. What about Your last name?" I asked.
"Well when you guys left me and Matt decided to be together again, and now that we have kids we need to be more serious. So one day my last name might be Nathenson, it just made sense." She said.
"That's awesome!" I said. Luke rubbed my shoulders.
"Okay we are gunna go. We love you!" I said. Eden Said. Luke and I walked out to his car and he drove to a baby store.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"I just have some stuff to pick up." He said. He went inside and ten minutes later came out with another guy both carrying a crib, another pair of men holding a crib after them. They put the cribs in the truck and closed the door. He jumped back into the drivers seat. I looked at him amazed.
"What did you do?" I asked
"Well my parents sent me some money for something and I had a lot left over, and I figured they need it more than me." He said. I smiled wide.
"Your amazing." I said.
"I know." He replied. We drove home and I helped him put the cribs in the apartment.
"Okay I'm going to set these up, you take this" he handed me an envelope full of cash. "And go get decoration and stuff." He said.
"What did you buy that you needed this much money?" I asked.
"Not important." He said pushing me out the door. I got in my car and drove back to the baby store. I walked around and picked out blankets and stuffed animals and toys of all kinds. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Kayla?" I heard a thick Hispanic accent say.
"Claudia?" I said. I turned around to see her holding a 5 month old beautiful baby, and my old engagement ring on her finger.
"Is this your son?" I asked.
"Yes! Isn't he beautiful?" She said.
"Yes! What's his name?" I asked
"Jaxon Mathew Nathenson" she said "after his father and uncle."
"That's amazing." I said. She looked at me.
"There's no way you are pregnant, you are so thin!" She said.
"Oh I'm not! My best friend just had a twins so I'm her spoiling them!" I said.
"Oh that's wonderful!" She said.
"Yeah it is."
"Well I have to go. I still have to clean the house so I will see you later!" She said hugging me. You know I thought I would have been mad but I wasn't. I wasn't mad anymore. I was actually really thankful for Claudia because if she wouldn't have come into Jaxons life, I would be married to Jacon and God knows how that would have gone. Plus their son was super cute and Claudia didn't have any bruises. I could tell because she was wearing booty shorts and a tank top and you don't wear that if Jaxon is like he was. I happily went to the check out and payed for my things.

After five hours ten and ten stores I was finally able to go home. When I came home Luke was in his room. The house smelled like paint. I went into his room and saw it was no longer his room. He has painted the room a light pink with vinyl baby blue and purple and yellow butterflies on the walls. He had the cribs set up on one side of the room and changing tables and dressers on the other side. The cribs had little pink mistress's and Bowes tied on the rails. Above one bead it said Everest in wood letters painted with colors of the rainbow and above the other it said Addison in wood letters painted in pink and blue tribal print. The were three paper lantern lights at the top of the room and the ceiling was painted dark blue with small lights somehow woven into the ceiling that blinked like stars. In the corner there was a large wooden rocking chair the said 'moms chair' on the top. Luke was putting a little swarm of paper butterflies going up to the lights.
"Oh my god." I said.
"Is it okay?" He asked.
"Luke it's amazing! She will love it."
"You sure?"
"Yes I'm sure! She's going to cry!"
"Do you like it?"
"Yes but where is your stuff?"
"In storage and the rest is in your room. If that's okay."
"Of course it's okay! It won't be the first time we've shared a room."
"God I love you." He said. He came over grabbed my face and kissed me hard. For the rest of the night we set up the room with blankets and toys and all sorts of baby stuff.

"I love you guys! Thank you again."
The next morning we woke up on the floor of the nursery.
"Did we fall asleep in here?" I asked.
"Yeah I guess so." Luke said. He got up and went into the kitchen to make some coffee.
"Is the room safe for the babies to come home today? I asked.
"Yeah we just have to keep all windows and doors open until they do and we should be good." He said starting to open windows. I helped him and soon we had all of our windows opened. I kissed his cheek and decided to go take a shower. I opened the window in the bathroom and left the door open once I got in. I let the water cover me and I washed my hair. Twenty minutes later I was out and in a towel.
"Coffee?" Luke asked. I was wearing some workout shorts and a sports bra. I sat down on the bar stool and sipped the hot liquid.
"It's to hot for hot coffee." I said getting one of my cups with straws and put a bunch of ice in it. I poured the coffee in and then a bunch of milk and sugar.
"Much better." I said. My hair was starting to curl and I would've left it down if it wasn't a billion degrees outside so I pulled it up into a ponytail and let it continue to curl. Luke got into the shower and I made us breakfast. I cracked some eggs and let them cook for omelets. I cut up some tomato, avocado, onions, and chives. The eggs were cooked and I threw in some cheese and than all of the ingredients. While the cheese melted I looked up an easy way to make holindase sauce. I played the omelets and poured some sauce on top of them. Luke came out in basketball shorts and no shirt which I was okay with. He sat down and started to eat his omelette.
"This is amazing, your amazing." He said.
"Well the best way to a mans heart is his stomach." I said. He laughed and we ate.

Eden was going to be home with the babies soon so me and Luke decided to clean up the apartment. I worked on Eden's room and he worked on the front room. When I was done with her room I cleaned the kitchen and Luke cleaned the main bathroom. When I was done I saw that Luke wasn't in the kitchen. I went into our room and saw him making our bed.
"You look cute making a hot pink bed." I said.
"It's even sparkly!" He said. I laughed and hugged him from behind. I kissed his neck once and nestled my head between his neck and shoulder.
"You are adorable you know that?" I said.
"I had a feeling." Luke said. My phone started buzzing. It was Eden.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey I'm almost home, can you come grab a baby?" She asked.
"Yeah of course!" I replied. I hung up and ran outside to help her. I grabbed a car seat with a baby. I saw it was Addison. I lugged her upstairs with Eden behind me.
"Why are you taking them into likes room?" She asked.
"You'll see." We walked into the nursery and Eden's eyes lit up.
"Oh my god." Eden said tears building in her eyes. "Kayla did you do this?" She asked.
"Not me, Lucas." I said.
"Well Kayla helped pick out decor." Luke said at the door.
"You two are amazing." She said pulling us both in for a hug.
"I can't believe you guys did this." She said into my ear.
"Anything." I replied. She continued to cry until one of the babies started to cry. She took out Everest and rocked her until she fell asleep. I unbuckled Addison and laid her in her crib while she slept. Eden put Everest in the other and we watched the babies as they slept.