The fight

"Oh my god Luke you just don't understand!" I yelled, we had been going on like this for almost two hours now, we were fighting because I started asking why he wanted to marry me and he was telling me and I didn't believe him when he said I was beautiful and blah blah blah basically we were fighting about something stupid.
"No Kayla you don't understand! At this point I can't tell if it's because you feel bad for yourself or you just want compliments!" He yelled back, I sucked in my breath sharply and I could tell by the look on his face he regretted it but it was too late, I felt the tears well up in my eyes.
"Luke, I had someone I thought I loved my boyfriend tell me I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty enough, he made me believe those things to the point that I let him beast me and push me around. I have had major anxiety and depression ever since I met him. So you know what, yes I do want compliments every now and then, and yes I do have some self pity and yes I want to know that you still love me and you aren't just pulling me along until your through with me. But do you know why? Because I love you and I don't want to loose you." Tears were streaming down my face, there were even a few tears running down Luke's face.
"I'm gunna go sleep in Eden's room tonight." I said, I started to walk away.
"Kayla wait-" Luke said but I still walked out the door into Eden's room.
"I'm sleeping in here." I said climbing in next to her.
"Are you two done fighting?" She asked.
"I think so, for now at least." I said, we both got comfortable and fell asleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-
I woke up to Eden cuddling me I pushed her off and she fell on the floor dramatically.
"Now I remember why we never share beds" I said.
"Fuck you." She said, she got off the floor and crawled back into bed, I got up and walked into my room, I had class in an hour and I heeded cloths. Luke was asleep on the bed, I tried to get my things without waking him, I really didn't feel like fighting right now. I grabbed my things and almost made it clear until I kicked the bed post and mumbled "shit" to myself, Luke rolled over.
"Kayla?" He mumbled his hair was messy and he looked adorable.
"Sorry" I mumbled back trying to b-line for the bathroom.
"Kayla can we talk?" Luke asked.
"Luke I have class in an hour I don't have time for fighting." I said.
"No fighting." He said, I walked over to the bed and sat next to him.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said, I hate that you had to go through all of that crap with that ass hole, I hate that I made you feel bad and I am so sorry. I really do love you Kayla." He said, he was holding my hand now.
"Thank you, and I'm sorry I'm always 'fishing for compliments'" I said.
"No, that just means I don't do it enough so thank you for reminding me to step up my game." He said.
"I love you." I said, he looked at my hand.
"You still have your ring on." He said.
"Duh your not getting rid of me that easily." I said, he smiled and kissed me.

Class was boring as usual, just talking about calculus and boring stuff, I always hated having to go to the library to do he work but I could never concentrate at home; Luke was there the babies Eden it was just a recipe for disaster. I was sitting at my usual table in the library when someone touched my shoulder.
"Kayla?" I turned around to see Jaxon behind me.
"Oh um hi." I replied.
"Wow it's been a really long time since I've seen you." He said, I nodded.
"Yep, so what are you up to?" I asked.
"Well me and Claudia actually got married a few months after our son was born and we are now expecting our second child." He said shoving his hands in his pockets.
"That's great!" I said
"So how about you?" He asked.
"Well me and Lucas, my old roommate, are getting married." I held up my hand to show the ring. "But I'm yeah other than that just trying to get through the next two years before I graduate," I said.
"Oh, are you still in accounting?" He asked.
"No I actually switched to a teaching major after we broke up." I said.
"Oh, look I was really just trying to say sorry. I'm sorry I acted like that towards you for all those years. I just wanted you to know that I did get help and I no longer do..those things to people." He said, I was not expecting that.
"Well that is really awesome Jaxon!" I said.
"Kayla is there s chance that we could ever be friends?" He asked.
"No, I wish there was but it's just best if we stay out of each-others lives. I am really glad you got help though." I said, he nodded and walked away, i went back to my books when my phone lit up.
'I went on a date with that guy, thank you. He is so beautiful and sexy thank you.' It was from Eden, I just smiled to myself and went back to studying.

"Luke! Eden! I'm home!" I yelled as I walk into the apartment, two little girls came waddling out to me and Eden followed them.
"It is so great that they are walking, I don't have to carry them around anymore. I can't believe they are almost one." She said, I embraced the two and squeezed them, they eventually found something more interesting than me.
"Where's Luke?" I asked.
"He went to go get some Chinese food for all of us when I got home from my date like twenty minutes ago." She said grabbing plates out of the cabinet.
"Oh, so you had a good date huh?" I asked.
"Oh my god he was so hot, he didn't mind that I had kids and he thought I was sexy which was awesome!" She said she continued to tell me details about her date until Luke got home with food.
"Hey sweetie! Thanks for getting food!" I said as he sat down next to me with the food.
"Of course!" He said, we are and me and Eden black mailed him into watching The Fault In Our Stars which he ended up crying at.