Part fourteen

^^^😋

———
Bang!

His body froze and fell on top of me, crushing me slightly. He was pulled off of me and revealed a very worried yet angry Steve. I cried even more at this point. I looked around me and saw my shorts were still pulled down so I quickly pulled them back up.

Steve helped me up and held onto me tightly as I cried into his chest. "Shh, I've got you."

He gently picked me up and sat me on the sofa as he whispered comforting words. "I've just text James, he should be here soon."

James POV

I walked into the restaurant where I was meeting with the Mexican cartel about the drug shipments being stolen from the Russians. They all stood up when I was in eyesight and shook my hand. There was three of them. Carlo, the leader and the only necessary person I need to talk to. I don't know the other two people and I don't care.

"Wine?"

"So the shipments haven't been returned yet after the threat you sent them?" I said getting straight to the point. I wanted to get back to Sophia.

"Nothing," Carlo replied. "I want a war."

I looked at him and he was being dead serious. I was thinking about it, they did try to harm Sophia but many men and women would die if we do start this war. We have to think differently about this.

I got a text but I ignored it as I thought about this war. I then got multiple texts at once, my phone kept dinging.

"Better check that," Carlo said as he sipped his wine.

I looked down to see a message that made my stomach drop and my heart to stop. The anger inside me was trying to get out. Who the fuck has the nerve to touch her, she's not anyone's to touch besides me.

"Let's give them that fucking war, I will make them suffer and everyone around them, we're going to need a lot of weapons and ammo for this," I sneered as I got up from my chair and stormed out of the restaurant, pushing past anyone who was in my way. It was about a twenty minute journey but I made it back to our house in five minutes.

I opened the front door and slammed it closed, I ran into the kitchen but she wasn't there, I turned around and saw Steve holding her as she cried on the sofa.

Steve turned around as saw me and I have never seen him so angry and sad before. He said something to her and she looked up at me with red, puffy eyes. She stood up on the sofa and jumped over the back and landed in my arms. She wrapped her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck.

She cried onto me as I held her, rubbing her back trying to make her feel safe after what that fucker done to her.

"I've got you, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't here," I whispered in her ear as I kissed her forehead a few times. "He can't hurt you anymore."

"But others can James," she whispered looking up to meet my eyes, I wiped her tears away. I felt a pang in my heart hearing those words, I knew it was true but I needed her to believe, to know, I'm going to protect her.

"Steve take him to the warehouse, let the men have their way with him. I want him alive," I nodded towards Steve.

"Keep me updated, see you tomorrow princess," he said and kissed the top of her head and gave me a pat on the shoulder and left the house, leaving me and Sophia alone.

"I'm sorry doll, I'm so sorry I wasn't here," I apologised as I buried my face in her beautiful brown locks. Her crying had reduced to sniffles and wiping the tears that fell.