So it goes...

It was a last minute decision to visit home a few days before the winter reading week ended. You felt bad for omitting a visit to your parents over the break, specially when it would be the only time you would have a chance to see them before the semesters end.

Surprising them with a small visit felt like the best choice, plus there were a few miscellaneous things you had left in your childhood room over the Christmas break that you wanted to bring back to your apartment.

The only problem with making a surprise visit, was that you couldn't confer with them before your arrival nor could you prevent them from making plans outside of town. You had messaged Zeke, the day before your train, to see if he could pick you up at the station, only for him to let you know that your parents had decided to join his father and Carla on a ski trip out of town. They wouldn't be back at the house till late evening the following day, giving you very little time for you to see them before you'd have to go back to the city.

It was much too late for you to back out of your train ticket by then. You cursed yourself the full train ride for not telling your mother your plans beforehand.

Zeke mocked you for your stupidity the full car ride from the station, till he parked in your driveway. He stifled his laugh as he pulled your suitcase from the trunk of his car, but you knew he still found the situation hilarious.

"Do you even have keys to get in?" He placed a cigarette between his lips, in an attempt to prevent him from laughing further.

You rolled your eyes as you pulled your keychain out from your purse, that had not only the keys to your parents house but that of your apartment, "as a matter of fact, I do."

He adjusted the cigarette in his mouth before lighting it, "sure you don't want to pretend you lost 'em and have sleepover at ours," a small chuckle escaped his lips as he spoke. "We could all share a blowup mattress like old times."

"I'm okay," you replied, grabbing hold of your suitcase with your free hand. "That sounds absolutely uncomfortable, you snore like a beast."

"Fine by me," he shrugged while leaning up against the hood of his car, "still, sucks you missed them by a day."

You nodded trudging the suitcase behind you, "I should have touched base with them first."

Before Zeke could say anything else Eren stomped out the front door to their house.

"What are you doing here?" Eren's eyes darted between you and his brother as he continued to stomp his way towards the two of you.

Zeke answered first, "hey, you already know Carla asked me to stay home with you to make sure you don't start a house fire while they're out for the weekend."

"We both know that's not what my mom said," Eren rolled his eyes as he casually dodged Zeke's arms as he tried to hug him, "I don't care about you, I'm talking to her?" His eyes narrowed on you with a raised brow, "thought you said you weren't coming home this break?"

"I wasn't originally, and then I changed my mind," you fidgeted under his glare, "obviously, poor planning on my part, since the house is empty."

Eren scoffed, "yeah, no kidding." He crossed his arms over his chest as his glare softened, "I just finished making supper, so you might as well eat with us."

"I'm perfectly fine making my own food," you quickly denied his offer.

"There's nothing in your fridge," Eren shook his head, "and I made too much anyways."

"Then save the extra as leftovers," you retorted.

Eren sighed in annoyance before swiftly yanking your suitcase out from your grasp and holding over his head, "how about," he paused as a smirk grew on his lips, "no."