TB005: Luna and the Moon Stone

Our heroes have just got themselves the Boulder Badge of the Pewter City gym and are now waiting by the exit of the city for a certain Jolteon.

"What's taking him so long? He's an hour late." Crystal complained.

"I'm sure big bro will get here." Flare assured Crystal. "He's probably just lost."

Right after Flare said that the group saw Speed running towards them He stopped in front of them to catch his breath.

"Hi, daddy." She says as she went to hug him.

"Hey sweetie, sorry I kept you waiting." Speed replied while patting her head.

"What took you so long?" Crystal asked him.

"Oh, well, I, uh... got lost..." Speed spoke out.

"Got lost? How?" She questioned.

Before Speed even got a chance to say anything Crystal just brushed off her own question.

"Well, whatever. At least your here now." She said.

"So big bro, where do we go now?" Flare asked.

"Well let's see..." He said as he put his bag down to get out his map. "Looks like the next place we have to go to is Cerulean City which is where the next gym is." 

"How far is that from here?" Crystal asked.

"Kind of far." He answered. "On the way to Cerulean City, there's a mountain called Mt. Moon."

"Mt. Moon? That sounds like a name for a romantic place." Crystal said.

"Mt. Moon? Why's it called that?" Flare asked his older brother.

"I don't know, Professor Robert told me that there were a lot of mysteries surrounding it but he did say that a meteor crashed into the mountain many, many years ago." Speed told them.

"Woah..." The group let out.

"Daddy, can we go there?" Sunshine excitedly asked him.

"Go to Mt. Moon? I don't know..." He said, unsure.

"Come on, let's go there. I want to see this meteor." Crystal told him.

"Me too." Flare said.

The three of them gave Speed a look that he couldn't say no to so he decided.

"I guess we can go check Mt. Moon out." He told them.

The three cheered as they begin to head their way to Mt. Moon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the Pewter City the group walked for miles to get to Mt. Moon. Crystal and Flare got tired from walking so they got on top of Speed and stacked. Eventually, the group finally made it to the base of Mt. Moon.

"Well, here we are, Mt. Moon." Speed announced.

The group unstacked and looked up in awe at the sheer size and height of Mt. Moon.

"It's big..." Sunshine spoke out.

As the group was looking up at the mountain Speed turned his head and noticed Crystal wasn't next to him. He looks around for her and quickly found her. From what he saw it looked like she was looking for something.

"Kris, what are you doing?" Speed asked his sister.

"Trying to find this meteor." She answered as she is still looking around.

"You know it's probably not out here." Speed told her.

"Then where is it?" Crystal asked.

"Well, it crashed into the mountain so it's most likely in it." He replied.