Chapter Sixteen

-None Pov's-

Ever since Ashley had rejoined the group, they proceeded on their way to the next town. During their voyages they stopped by at Ambrette Town who runs into Alexa once again. She clarified to them that she was working on an article about an unbelievable discovery at the Fossil Lab.

So, she had invited Ashley, Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie to come with her. They all check out the lab's collection of the fossils from Pokémon that lived long ago and are now extinct.  

The researchers took the others into a special frozen habitat inside the lab, where they met a living Amaura and Aurorus that were restored from fossils that were uncovered in the ice. 

Of course as always Team Rocket swoops in to kidnap Amaura who was brewing weak to the temperature is too warm. Luckily Ashley and the others instantly defeated the villains, saving them all at once.

Afterwards, Ash and the others have finally arrived at Cyllage City, where they head straight for the Gym so Ash could ultimately challenge Grant for his second badge. At first, Grant has a challenge for him, climbing a tall rock wall to reach the battlefield at the top.

Ashley, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie take the elevator up, begin watching the whole battle between Ash and Grant. When it came down Ash's Pikachu and Grant's Tyrunt which finally the yellow mouse was finishing off the battle by using his powerful Thunderbolt. 

Ash won his second badge, making plans to head to Shalour City for his next Gym battle. 

_______________________

-Ashley's Pov's-

We took a small stop to the next town, taking a break from our journey for a while.  After Ash won his second Gym battle, it was the descent to do our own things. 

Bonnie was playing with the other Pokémon, Clemont is trying to build his next invention but hopefully it won't explode like the last one and always Ash was training his Pokémon for his next Gym battle in Shalour City.

As for me and Serena, we stayed at the Pokémon Center for a brief period of time. When we were at the kitchen Serena educated me how to make my very first Poké Puffs with the assistance of her incredible baking abilities. 

Serena showed me several different five flavors for the Poké Puffs such as the sweets, mint, citrus, mocha, and finally spice. She continues teaching me all of the basics when it comes to baking these stunning sweets for the Pokémon.

For my first try I only baked simple basic sweet treats for each of my Pokémon team. Like for an example, I only used an orange colored Puff with added of a diced Yache berry for the topping. 

We've finished baking the Poké Puff for the last couple of hours, and shortly left the Pokémon Center to meet up with our friends.

Serena and I spotted the group doing their things. I looked over to see all of my Pokémon sitting on the park bench, as we walked over to them holding the small basket that contains the treats we made a while ago. "Ta-da! Fennekin, they're done!" Serena heartily responds to her starter Pokémon with a bright smile on her face.

We gently placed the basket of treats at the bench, slowly taking a seat. Both my Eevee and Amaura cheerfully jumped up and down seeing us obviously having the treats we had baked for them.  

I smoothly opened the lid, revealing dozens of Poké Puffs I made for them. I was hearing Ash's footsteps coming towards us with a shocking expression on his face. "These are traditional sweets for Pokémon. They're called Poké Puffs." Serena quietly explained to my twin brother about them.