Chapter 40: Examination

Charlie and Jaimee are coming over to see Bella, but Orianthi has an appointment at Seattle Reproductive Medicine, it's a fertility clinic in Seattle. Rosalie had found a few places but this one has 4 stars while the others are 3.8 or 3.3 stars. Jasper is at the house with the others to keep an eye on Bella's restraint and Alice is with Orianthi.

"Hi, Miss Clarke," Dr. Dexton greets as she enters the room. "I'd like to start by doing a pelvic exam and do some blood work."

Orianthi nods and the doctor has her strip from the waist down and th lay down. Alice sits in a chair and skims a fashion magazine in the lobby, she didn't want to make Ori uncomfortable by being in there. Jasper texts saying that Charlie just arrived at the house, and Alice says that Dr. Dexton is doin a pelvic exam and blood work. Jasper's glad he didn't go. He doesn't know how good he'd do with Ori's fresh blood. She's always careful not to bleed alpine him.

Dr. Dexton does the blood work and she sends her to the women's center down the street for an ultrasound, and then it was good for Orianthi to go home.

"Ori?"

"Charlie!" Orianthi hugs the cop. "I almost missed you, didn't I?"

"Yeah," the chief of police replies. "Did the doc say anything?"

"My blood work should be back within the next seven to ten days," Orianthi replies. "Oh, I'm so nervous. I want a baby."

"I do too," Jasper replies. "Our wedding is in fourteen days."

Orianthi sighs and she nods. She looks at Alice. "Mimi is making my dress."

"I know, we've even talking," Alice chirps.

Orianthi smirks. "Why am I not surprised? Mimi loves you guys and she's a shifter."

"Will our baby be one?" Jasper asks.

"If it's a boy, yes," Orianthi replies. "But you'll be stuck with another banshee if I have a girl... if I get pregnant."

"You have your support system right here," Esme coos as Charlie leaves.

"I think that the steps mean online is for her and Jasper to see a psychiatrist once it's determined that a sperm donor is desired for a child," Carlisle speaks up professionally. "I know just the one. Doctor Chambers, he's in Port Angeles. I can give him a call?"

"Could you?" Ori asks and Carlisle nods before heading upstairs.

Jasper watches as Tobias crawls away from Bella and he reaches up to Orianthi. She smiles and she picks him up.

"He loves you," Bella mutters.

"I love him, too," Ori coos. "How are you feeling, Bella?"

"I'm fine," Bella replies. "I feel fine."

"Good, I'm glad," Orianthi replies. "Why was Charlie here? I thought you guys were bailing and Jasper was staying."

"Jacob shifted in front of him," Embry replies. "And then he wanted to see Bella."

"The babies?"

"They're my niece and nephew that Bella and I adopted," Edward says.

"Hm," she hums. "Okay." She passes the baby to Embry and Tobias cheers.

"I'm gonna go make me some food," Orianthi says before going to the kitchen.