the new recruit【eight】| wanda maximoff

summary: with no choice but to fight your family, things get intense between you and Wanda, and the guilt intensifies for you when she gets imprisoned.

warning/s: mentions of violence, death and injuries.

author's note: and here's the final chapter! hope you like it lads

As the fighting broke out, I froze momentarily, surprised at how quickly everyone went for one another

As the fighting broke out, I froze momentarily, surprised at how quickly everyone went for one another. My reverie was broken as soon as a loose suitcase from a luggage cart was thrown my way. Thankfully, I spotted it before it could do any real damage and rolled away just in time. But when I looked at the direction it came from, my breath caught in my throat.

Wanda stood a few feet away, red anger and power burning in her eyes as they met mine across the way. Hands were curled into fists by her side as she clenched her jaw tightly. I'd never seen her look at me with such hatred, even when we actually hated one another. This was much different, something I never wanted to do to her. Especially not directed towards me.

"Get up," she ordered, noticing my crouched position.

Swallowing the uneasy lump in my throat, I stood up straight and tried to block out the fighting around us. "Wanda, I don't want to fight you."

She shook her head tightly, scowl fixed on her face, as if to say she didn't care what I wanted.

I took a hesitant step forward. "I'm sorry, Wanda. I'm sorry for what I did and that this is happening. I know you hate me, but you have to stop all of this. I know you can."

"No!" she shouted, her accent thick with irritation. "Steve is doing the right thing and I'm not letting you get in the way."

"He's breaking the law!" I retorted, raising my voice.

"Sometimes that has to happen," she said quickly, squeezing her fists tighter.

Noticing her fighting stance, I softened my expression and tried to plead with her. "Wanda, please don't do this... I'm not fighting you."

Her fists glowed a deep scarlet colour, matching the heat in her glare. "Great. That'll make it easier for me."

Before I could realise what she meant, a ball of energy was thrown at me, hitting me in the stomach and sending my flying backwards. With a grunt, I landed on the tarmac and tried to ignore the immediate pain in my back from the terrible landing.

"Fuck," I cursed, sitting up and instantly noticing Wanda stalking towards me. Her hands were still glowing, like she was ready for another shot, but despite her anger, I wasn't going to retort. I couldn't hurt her.