an unwanted swim | commander lexa

SUMMARY: after things go south when you and the Commander finally start to open up, she offers to teach you how to swim.

WARNING/S: mentions of drowning.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is long overdue, along with literally every other request I'm working on, so I'm sorry about that! I'm not gonna rant about college, but yeah, that's why lol. Anyway, did you guys see the 100 last night? MY BABIES ROAN AND LUNA ARE GONE :(( and I missed Lexa that extra bit more than usual when I was watching sigh

 Anyway, did you guys see the 100 last night? MY BABIES ROAN AND LUNA ARE GONE :(( and I missed Lexa that extra bit more than usual when I was watching sigh

"Wow," I gasped, my eyes wide as I took in the breathtaking sight before me. "It's beautiful..."

There was so much beauty before me and i couldn't seem to take it all in. The greenery and transcending trees spread out as a sparkling stream of water led into a waterfall. The water was gushing outwards, washing over the charcoal-coloured rocks and into a small pool of water before the Commander and I. They didn't have such beauty in the Ark as we, well, we were floating around in the middle of the solar system, so this was definitely an amazing thing for me to witness.

"Yes, I suppose it is," Lexa responded simply, and I tilted my head to see her beside me, her posture straight but ready to move in the case of danger. Despite her serious body language, there was a hint of a smile on her lips, and when she turned to meet my gaze, I knew she appreciated the view too.

The two of us were going for a "walk" through the woods. Technically, it was a hunt that Lexa wanted to go on and that I begged to accompany her on, but realistically, it was just Lexa and I talking and getting to know each other better. She was a grounder, born on earth, and I was a sky girl, born in space, so it wasn't like we would run out of things to talk about.

"I don't know how you get bored of the world around you," I stated, confusion in my voice as I referred to her telling me that she sometimes found it boring seeing the woods every day. "It's the best thing I've ever seen in my life."

I shrugged carelessly as I walked slowly, forward and trailing around the outskirts of the pool of water before us. There were some short, raggedy rocks outlining the area where the water washed over slightly, and I was following the natural shape, avoiding falling into the deep water itself.

"You've only been on Earth for a short amount of time, that's why," she commented, and though I couldn't see her, I could sense the slight amusement in her voice. "I've been here all my life."

As I was balancing myself from rock to rock, I focused my attention on my footing. I felt like a child who'd been let loose, wanting to explore anything and everything.

"Which is why you're very lucky," I pointed out with a small smile, not looking up. "You should appreciate what's right in front of you, Lexa. You never know when it could disappear."