lunch date | lara croft

summary: you are supposed to be picking up Lara for a lunch date, only to find her at the gym instead (not that you're complaining)

warning/s: none.

author's note: I wrote this like last week? Along with another Lara imagine so yeah, just enjoy I guess! :)

I knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Lara's butler, Winston.

"Ah, Miss Y/L/N, what a pleasure!" Winston smiled, stepping to the side to let me in. "Shall I let Miss Croft know you're here?"

I chuckled and took a step inside the manor. I glanced around at the spacious area, still not quite over the size of it. "How many times do I have to tell you to just call me Y/N?"

Winston nodded, a hint of a smile on his lips. "My apologies, Y/N."

"Thank you." I gave him a confused look. "Also, is Lara not ready? We were supposed to be going out for lunch."

Winston shook his head. "Miss Croft is in the gym. Would you like me to take you?"

I sighed, smiling with amusement. "Why not? She obviously forgot about our plans, so let's give her a little surprise visit."

I followed Winston through the maze of corridors until we finally reached the gym. Just like every other room in the manor, this one was huge with high ceilings and large windows. Obviously enough, there was gym equipment and machinery scattered around the room and Lara was using one of them.

She was using the pull-up bar, unaware of my presence at the moment. Winston dismissed himself, but I barely noticed because I was distracted by Lara and, well, she just looked really hot right now. Like, drool-worthy.

She was wearing a crop top which revealed her very toned abs and muscles. It didn't help that she was all sweaty and quite frankly, glowing. Every time she pulled herself up to the bar, her muscles tightened in her back and arms and I ended up making an inhumane squeal at the sound.

This caught her attention as she let go of the bar before glancing at me with a mischievous smirk. "You finished making a puddle of drool on my floor, love?"

I swallowed hard and glanced away from her for the moment. My ears felt hot as I cleared my throat. "Very funny."

I looked back up and saw Lara wiping away the sweat on her face with her towel as she approached me. She stopped before me, a smile on her lips. She was enjoying this way too much, but I remembered why I was here and crossed my arms.

"I'm a bit hungry," I spoke knowingly, meeting her eyes. "Fancy getting lunch, Lara?"

Any high ground Lara had was now gone as her smile disappeared and remembrance struck her features.

"Damn! Y/N, we have lunch plans," she said, before smiling apologetically. "Ten minutes. Give me ten minutes and I'll be ready to go."

I looked at my watch dramatically. "Tick tock, Lara."

She gave me a kiss before racing off to get changed. I headed back to the main hall to wait for her, residing on one of the couches that barely got used in the empty manor. I played a game on my phone to pass time before finally, I heard the squeak of Lara's trainers against the wooden floorboards as she raced over to me.

"I'm ready," she announced breathlessly, leaning on the couch for a moment. "Told you I'd be quick."

I chuckled and got up before kissing her cheek softly. "I know."

After catching her breath, she gave me a cheeky smile. "Could have been quicker if you didn't stop to check me out."

I rolled my eyes, hoping to take the attention away from my red cheeks. "Don't flatter yourself."

As we walked hand-in-hand to the front door, she continued to grin my way.

"You expect me to believe that you weren't checking me out back there? I know you, Y/N. We have been together for three years now."

"If your ego was any bigger, your head might explode," I mumbled making her laugh.

"I love you, too, darling."