Part one (sams pov)

It's another day of school, kinda lonely when you don't really have friends... I mean, yeah I have Emily, Stacey and Kate (from cheer squad) but outside of school I don't talk to them. It's not like they ignore me or anything, they seem like decent people but that's it, there's no depth to them, you know?
Most people at my school are like that, or maybe I just don't know them that well, I never made much of an effort. I suppose that would be my issue though.
I used to have a friend back in middle school, but she moved away a few years ago and we've never spoke since. That's what happens when you move to Sunnyvale, end up leaving us Shadysiders  behind, might as-well have moved to the god damn moon.

Schools pretty boring when you have no one to talk to, or moan about your deep hatred for maths class or that one creep of a teacher. I wish I had that.
It's not terrible though, everyone just kinda forgets I'm even there, i kinda like it that way.

I tried to socialize and befriend this one girl from my cheer squad, but I kinda got this feeling like butterflies around her? I don't know it was silly, and when I told her she said that it was "wrong" and that I shouldn't tell anyone. After that I gave up on a social life and just went back to boring lonely school.

Cheer practice
I always change in the bathroom stalls before for cheerleading practice instead of the locker room, it feels awkward to be standing there with everyone in bra's and underwear right in front of me. I don't wanna stare at anyone and make them feel uncomfortable. I used to just look up at the ceiling but then I thought it would just be easier to change in the bathroom.

Kate, the cheer captain, was going through the routine for our up in coming  game. I'm not the best at cheerleading, I only do it to please my mom anyways. I think it makes her happy, her being a cheerleader when she was my age and all.
I try to not get distracted at practice but I always do. Every time I see this one girl sitting on the bleachers, she's pretty. She sits there with books on her lap, probably doing homework. She has this brunette curly hair with tanned olive skin, sometimes she catches me staring at her and smiles, her smile is so beautiful, and her lips-
MOVING ON.
I'm trying my best to keep up with Kate and the others but the brunette smiles at me and next thing I know I'm face flat on the grass and my ankle hurts like hell. Kate runs up to me and orders one of the girls to grab an ice pack and then runs off to get the  first aid kit.
She shouts "DEENAAA" and suddenly the brunette is lifting my ankle on her thigh and asks if I'm okay.
"Yeah, I'm all good, totally didn't just fall on my face or anything" I reply
"Oh really? Then what am I holding your ankle for?" She says with a slight smirk.
Is this what flirting is? I don't even know how to flirt, she's really pretty, but girls can't like girls like that. It's wrong. Isn't it?
I stare off day dreaming when the girl with the ice pack soon following Kate and first aid kit arrive to my rescue.
"Oh don't worry, apparently she didn't fall on her face after all, I can take it from here" the brunette says with a chuckle and Kate runs off back to practice with the squad.
"Look I know I said that but can you help me out here? It really hurts" I say as I wince in pain.
"Okay fine, cheerleader" groaned the brunette, as she iced my ankle
"It's Sam" I reply back
"I like cheerleader better, I'm Deena by the way" she said with a smirk
"I like moody brunette better" I say as she pulls the ice off my ankle
"Dude! Put it back on it's still sore!" I said groaning
"okay okay fine, cheerleader, I was just going to wrap it up, who's moody now?"
I stick out my tongue at her and scrunch my face
She does the same, we laugh and I kick her leg with mine.

When practice finishes and Kate comes back, Deena stops acting playfully, she offers to drive me home, but I decline and ask Kate if she can walk me to my moms car outside.

||ykw u are if you're reading this rn, ik it's cringy OKAY||