Part three (sams pov)

I started today with a goal: get closer with kate Schmidt, I know what you're thinking "why Kate?", she's friends with Deena and I really wanna be friends with Deena, maybe even a little closer than friends....so maybe I can get into her friend group through Kate? It's not like I have anything to lose, I know Kate from cheer and she seems really nice!

I get ready for school, as usual, I pick out a nice outfit (pleated skirt and a pink top to match) and get some breakfast before heading out the door, my mom drives me to school since I suck at driving.

I get out of the car once we arrive and go to my locker, which just so happens to be right beside Kate's... so when I see that she's already at her locker I take my opportunity.

"Morning, Kate!" I try to sound cheerful
"goodmoring Samantha" she says, she sounds happy.
"You can call me Sam, what's your fist class today?"
"Biology, what about you?"
"Oh, same here. I forgot we're in the same class actually!"
"Sounds cool, wanna walk to class with me? Simons out sick so we could sit together?"
"That sounds great, thanks."
We walk to class, the conversation was pretty boring. Just small talk.
we sit down beside each other in the science lab, usually I just sit with whoever else doesn't have anyone to sit with, but today I get to sit with the cheer captain.

We talked and laughed all lesson, and got told off by the teacher a few times for giggling too much, but Kate's actually really cool, I hope I get to sit with her more often. She walks me to my next class since our rooms are near.

"So what day do you wanna come over and work on the project?" Said kate
"Maybe Saturday? If you're free." I reply
"Sounds great but just so you know my friend Deena is gonna be there, is that cool?"
This is perfect, a Saturday with kate AND Deena.
"yeah, sounds awesome"

I go sit down in my maths class and don't end up running into kate most of the day, but we have cheer practice again after school since the games coming up so I guess I'll see her then.

Cheer practice
I go get changed in the bathrooms as usual and then start tying my hair up with a ribbon when Deena walks in.

"Oh hey, cheerleader" she said
"Hey Deena, what's up?" I say back, trying to sound cool.
"not a lot just going to the bathroom...."
"Oh cool, cool"
"What's up with you, cheerleader? Is your ankle any better?"
" mhm it's all better, I should get to practice...."

I go out onto the field and greet Kate while we start our warm up, a few minutes later I see Deena on the bleachers as usual, she winks at me this time which was odd since she's never done that before. I wink back and she looks down at her books so I carry on with the warm up.

We finish practice and I walk out with Kate after cleaning up the gym supplies, Deena runs over and walks out with us. Kate gives me her address, for Saturday and I get into my moms car.

As soon as I get home I start looking for outfits I could wear on Saturday.

The rest of the week was pretty boring, I made small talk with Kate and did my homework and assignments, nothing special.

|| idk if I'm any good at writing so please feel free to give me any advice or whatnot, I'm trying to make my chapters longer but I'm really lazy, so you're very welcome||