denial (what am i doing help)

No. 

Fucking.

Way.

How could he have feelings for a man like Diluc? Not only that, but he was an Abyss Mage and Diluc was human. They were against each others kind. What would the Abyss Order think if one of their foot soldiers had feelings for someone who was against them? It's ridiculous. 

"Diluc almost killed me," the mage thought "I'm supposed to hate him."

But how could he not like him at least a little bit? He was tall, handsome, perfect, and strong. If he left the Abyss Order and went to Diluc then maybe he won't have to suffer any longer. Yes! That's it!

The injured Abyss Mage made his way out of the place of his almost death. He limped and struggled to get to Mondstadt to find Diluc. At the gates of Mondstadt, knights stood tall and yelled out at the creature. He had forgot, he was going to have it hard here. The knights charged at him with impressive speed, with barely enough time to dodge their attacks, he jumped into the water as fast as his injured body could. He swam and hid, "Damn, how am I going to get into Mondstadt now.." But then he had a plan. 

༻✧༺

It had taken a few days to recover at least a little bit from his injuries, but soon enough the Abyss Mage was feeling better. He reached Mondstadt again, but instead of going to the front he made his way towards the back of the town. Trying to stay unseen, he floated over the wall and hid behind a building. It should be at least a little easier since it was nighttime. The only people that could catch him were knights, or some drunk people coming from the tavern who would still be smart enough to call for help. Avoiding spots with knights near them, the Abyss Mage finally stood in front of the tavern where Diluc worked. He took a breath and entered. 

But the only person who was in the place was Diluc, who stood behind the counter cleaning a glass with his back to the door. "Sorry, we are closed." He turned towards the door, looking down at the Abyss Mage in shock. "What are you doing, how on earth did you get in here? I thought I got rid of you once and for all.."

"Ah, um, no.. I was going to stop by here for a, uh- drink!" The creature was afraid that Diluc would use Searing Hand on him again. "But it seems that you are currently closed, I'm sorry, I will come by tomorrow night."

"Is this some sort of joke?" Diluc placed the glass on the counter. "Who sent you here? I want to make sure I kill them after I get done with you.."

"No one sent me, sir. I came here by myself." 

"After I practically tortured you, did I give you brain damage or something? I don't understand why you'd come back to somewhere I'd be." Diluc laughed. "If I were you I'd just stay away from me forever."

The Abyss Mage frowned, "Well I uh- heard that the wine is great and I just wanted to try some.."

"Yes, but you're an Abyss Mage. Unwanted around these parts, or anywhere to be exact. I'm still unaware how you even got in here in the first place. It's obvious that you were sent by someone, there is no way anyone is stupid enough to come back." Diluc locked eyes with him. "Come on, do you like me or something? Well tough shit, I don't. Get lost."

The Abyss Mage stood there in shock. He tried to get himself to move but it was still a struggle. He left the tavern, avoided knights as he left Mondstadt,  and made his way home.