rejection(im so sorry for this)

The Abyss Mage woke up, the bright sun shining in his eyes. His memories of the day before were a blur, he must have passed out on his way back from Mondstadt. Even though he didn't confess to Diluc, it still felt like being rejected. He now knew that Diluc had no interest in him, in fact, he didn't like him at all. But who would like him? He had no point to try anymore. Diluc obviously didn't like him and that was final. 

He slowly got up from the ground and began walking to find a nearby Hillichurl camp, maybe they could give him some company. The scorching afternoon sun showed no mercy to the tiny, furry creature. After what seemed like forever, he finally stumbled across a camp of Hillichurls. 

He spoke to them in their language, and politely asked to stay there for some time. They accepted and gave him some sunsettias. He looked at Mondstadt in the distance, it looked so peaceful and welcoming. If only his kind were welcomed, too. Maybe he would have a chance with Diluc..

༻✧༺

It had been a little over an hour since he got there, then he was greeted by a familiar face. It was that traveler, the one Diluc was with. They were with a little girl who was communicating with the Hillichurls, in their language... He had never seen a human communicating with the creatures that are supposed to be their enemies, in their language no less. Yet her speaking was almost perfect, a little mispronunciations here and there, but it was clear enough to know what she was saying. Traveler stood behind her and watched.

"Damn them!" The Abyss Mage thought. They were the reason he was hurt so bad, and they made Diluc keep using Searing Hand on him every time he thought he would be done with the pain. "Pull yourself together. I'm over Diluc, I'm over it all."

After what seemed like hours of looking at the distant Mondstadt, the sun set over the town, turning the sky into a canvas filled with bright oranges and pinks. Eventually the sky got darker and the stars filled the night sky.

༻✧༺

Diluc enjoyed when the tavern wasn't as filled as usual, when only a few people would come by. Tonight was not that night. The tavern was filled with people, every table almost filled. It was too loud for anyone to hear anything, he thought his head was going to explode. When you work behind the counter, you can hear everyones conversations. But he doesn't like to consider it eavesdropping, it's just that if you talk too loud someones going to end up hearing what you're saying. He knew a lot of things about everyone, people say real crazy shit when they're drunk. It wasn't his fault that he knew who slept with who, that person broke up with them, and so on. All of which should stay secrets.

As it got later, and later, most of the people still there were too drunk to order more. This gave Diluc some time to take a break. He thought about the day before, the Abyss Mage coming into the tavern for a drink and he denied. Why did that cute little creature come back after he almost killed him? He did seem kind of different from the others. Maybe he shouldn't have listened to Traveler, maybe he hurt the thing more than he should've, he seemed like he would've talked earlier.

Diluc felt horrible. He knew what he had to do, he needed to go find the creature and apologize for being so cruel.