ch.18

dejavu.

now playing | do 'just' friends say these things?↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

status: very unedited

"Will you come back to us?"

It felt impossible, but she refused to go back to the band. Not just yet, at least.

"No," It took all of her to give in to her mind and not her heart.

In that moment that she gave her answer, she saw the last of himself break in his eyes. Despite his constant attempts of keeping his orbs ominous and vague, she finally saw right through him. And perhaps it was too late, but she so desperately wanted to see his eyes light up, as she says yes. But she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Aeri," His tone sounded desperate, pleading with his entire being for her to turn her answer over.

As much as she wanted to make him smile, she couldn't take it back. "No, I can't be in the band at the moment,"

But what she hadn't expected was that he wasn't asking her to only come back to the band.

"I don't care about the band!" He exclaimed, his larger hands finding the small of her wrists. "Aeri, we want you back as you," And suddenly, the warmth from the pads of his fingers traveled up her arms to her chest, where sunk easily into her flesh and reached her heart. It swirled around the delicate muscle, tightened it in its grasps— almost hypnotizing her to give him her all.

Her figure softened noticeably and the slope of her shoulders decreased from its previous rigid state. "Jisung," She whispered breathily. Aeri craned her neck back and stared up at him, watching as he maintained his eyes on her roaming ones.

For a moment, the surrounding world around them fell into a reality that no longer existed to them. It seemed unimportant, irrelevant to them even. The silence was tense, nor was it suffocating, it spoke the correct words in which Jisung had meant the entire time.

Somehow, Park Jisung was capable of making her world go numb around him.

They breathed in the silence that blanketed them for that minute in time— however to the brunette it felt like a fleeting glimpse of eternity. She traced her eyes from his purpled ones with the prettiest of lashes, to his small nose, then to the corner of his lip where it was cut from a punch that happened a week ago.

She wanted to caress his skin, and make whatever dull pain left, go away. She felt the pads of her fingers itch to make sure he was alright, but before she could do something that would blur the lines of caring as a lover and as a regular person, he spoke again.

"The boys miss you more than just a lead singer and a damn guitarists. Fuck, Aeri, I miss you more than a song writing partner and a stupid duet on stage," Jisung please stop saying the correct words. She pleaded in her mind. She didn't know how much longer she could withstand his language that smoothly flowed from the tip of his tongue.

Before she met him, she never knew words could impact her so much outside lyrics of a song, but after having Jisung speak to her as if she was someone worth speaking sweetly to, her world has been turned upside down.

It had a physical toll on her. Yeah, it made her mind a jumble of messy thoughts, and her feelings going crazy like a lovesick school girl, but it did more than that. She could feel it in her body, from how her heart tightened, her chest felt heavy with some sort of admiration, her bones become stiff with an overwhelming emotion that could only be interpreted by cupid, and how her knees, they buckled every single, as if they were ready to give out and make Aeri fall in a sense that was more than just a physical trip.

Oh, park jisung, the things you don't even realize that you do to me.

"Don't you miss us too, like before the competition, before music had such power over our lives? When we were just people with common interests?" He questioned, his thumb following the steady beat of his own heart— caressing and drawing circles on the inner part of her wrists.

"But," She felt helpless, she wanted to say yes, throw her arms around him and call him her friend. At the very least, she was still something to him and vise versa, but she wasn't so sure that was the smart choice to make. All this time she had been letting her heart choose for her, and it was her to this moment.

It was time to let her mind get the best of her.

"How do I know this isn't just you sweet talking to me to just get me in the band, and the band only? Is this you wanting to be my friend, or to use me?" She locked her confused stare to his determined eyes. It seemed that he was quite talkative tonight, and she wasn't sure what the reason behind that was.

"Why would I do that to you again? I lost you once because of some dumb obsessed girl, I lost you again because of a competition that blurred what really mattered to me, I don't want to lose you again," He ranted.

"Why?"

"Because I feel like this third time, you'll be gone forever, and I loved you too much before that I wouldn't be able to handle that,"