Chapter 8 - Truth Untold

"This is the last bite. Eat." Shreya pushed the spoon into Dev's mouth assertively, as he wasn't willing to eat anymore.

He complained with a mouthful, "You didn't even tell me the story."

"Which one? I just did. Didn't I tell you the story of Krishna and Trinavarta?"

"Not this one." He pouted. "The Aghasura one."

"Oh!" Shreya eyed the boy for a second. He had a good memory. She wiped his mouth and put down the plate and handed him the glass of water. "Okay, you drink the water, I'll tell you the rest of the story."

He happily grabbed the glass and eagerly looked at her, waiting for her narration.

She smiled and began, "So, when all the boys were inside the giant snake, the demon Aghasura closed its mouth and trapped all of them inside. Then all the boys started crying and praying to Krishna to save them. Having no other choice Krishna then started to expand himself inside the demon's throat." She watched the boy drinking the water from the corner of her eyes and continued, "Having Krishna in his expanded form in his throat, the demon felt suffocated. His giant eyes moved violently."

Dev gasped, "Wow. Then?"

"Then Aghasura couldn't tolerate the pain anymore. Since his life-air couldn't come out from anywhere..."

"Why?"

"His mouth was closed remember?"

Dev nodded sagely.

"Yes, so there was no way. Finally, his life-air came out through a tiny hole that was created by Krishna on the upper part of his skull. The demon was dead."

Dev clapped twice. "And the boys?"

"They came out of the dead Aghasura's mouth after Krishna."

"Are we having a story time?" Both Shreya and Dev turned at the voice.

"Hey, Tiyasha. I was just feeding him."

She smiled. "Yeah, I can see that totally."

Shreya glanced at Dev then back at Tiyasha.

Tiyasha sat down beside Dev and shuffled his hair before casually asking, "So, did Mannyu visit Dev as well?"

Shreya stiffened. "Who?"

Tiyasha glanced at her. "Mannyu. Oh, I think you don't know his name yet. AR. His name's Abhimanyu. We call him Mannyu at home. I just met him midway before coming here. I thought he must have visited Dev, since this way only Dev and Gyan have rooms. Did he-" she paused midway and studied Shreya's flabbergasted face. "Did he not? Oh- I don't know, what was he doing here then? Ah- never mind." She waved her hand dismissively.

Shreya didn't realize she was holding her breath and her heart was beating wildly and it was completely unreasonable. Why the hell did she feel self-conscious with anything related to AR. His thought alone intimidated her, and she had no idea why.

Emotional attraction is a term used to describe a type of attraction where you feel the need to know a person emotionally irrespective of their physical appearance. Unlike sexual and sensual attraction, you are drawn to that person for their personality instead of their physicality. When you feel emotionally attracted to someone, you'll want to share your vulnerable secrets with them which you're not comfortable of disclosing at all. Often, we see this type of attraction or bonding among family members, friends, lovers etc. But, in every level it has some limits. Some secrets you can share with your partner, cannot be shared with your friends and vice versa. When you're connected with someone emotionally, it is extremely important to know your highs and lows, say boundaries and flexibilities. You can be connected with several people emotionally, but sometimes, it can be hard for some people who have wounded inner child. It's difficult for people who are emotionally wounded to get emotionally close to anyone. Since there's this nagging feeling at the back of the mind, what if they'll get hurt again? So they like to keep it to themselves, resulting in them get detached from their close ones.