2: The First Taste

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER BRIEFLY DISCUSSES MISCARRIAGE NEAR THE END OF IT. IF THIS IS TRIGGERING TO YOU THEN PLEASE SKIP PAST IT*

https://64.media.tumblr.com/3829e4a05bedc80ef6191c0aa867968c/tumblr_nzh32fqyaQ1rz101bo4_250.gifv.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

"...These are creatures of Satan, Demons, literally. They have no souls--"

Lacey raised a brow while entering the kitchen, "Why are you watchin' that baloney?" Sookie seemed entranced, quickly shutting off the TV when she realized she had company.

"Just interested..." she shrugged, "You heard from Jason?"

"I got a phone call at one in the morning sayin' how he was tired and hurtin' from them keepin' him banged up all day. Then this mornin', Everly Mason told me he'd been let out on a lack of evidence--Although, by the sounds of it, Andy seems determined to portray Jason as the killer."

"What do you think about all this?"

"I think Jason's got more muscle than brain, but Andy's only targeting him because he wants to be respected as a big shot detective." Lacey filled the seat to Sookie's left, sipping at her coffee and hoping it would bring some life to her groggy morning brain. "Anyway, onto more excitin' matters--'' Her eyebrows wagged suggestively, "How's you n' Bill?"

"Fine. He seems nice, a great friend."

"A friend? Sookie, he was givin' you his darndest flirty eyes and he's just a friend?!"

"Oh don't be ridiculous!" Sookie chided, "He's a nice gentleman that don't seem interested in a romantic relationshi--" her words halted when the door opened and Grams walked in. "I don't think Jesus would mind if someone was a vampire," she directed towards Gran.

"I don't either, honey."

Sookie reached out to her Grams tray, plucking a homemade sausage from the pile and moaning in delight as she took a bite. "Is this sausage different from what you usually make?"

"No."

Sookie couldn't help but push up a dazed smile as she explained, "Huh, It tastes so much more complex than it usually does."

"Oh dear, you think it's gone bad?" Lacey struggled to hold back a snicker at her Grans concern.

"No it's delicious--it's like, I can close my eyes and I can see the farm the pig lived on, an' feel the sun and the rain on my face, an even taste the earth that the herbs grew out of..." Lacey's eyes narrowed at her sister's intricate description, the opening of the back door not splitting her focus as her mind whirled with all the possibilities as to why Sookie was speaking this way.

"Hey, Miss. Stackhouse," Tara greeted with a smile.

"Good mornin' Tara. Now you sit down, I'll make a new pot."