Chapter 3: taking notes

Katsuki Bakugo

"Ka-cchan~! Wake up! You there?! Don't make me come in, I don't want a repeat of last time!"

"I fucking heard you idiot, I'm awake!" I said, not very awake. His stupid voice had woken me up, a crime for which he would never be forgiven, of course. This wasn't the first time either, and the last had been rather...embarrassing. It had been a sweltering summer night, and so I had completely stripped off and lay on top of my bed. Needless to say, the idiot came in without knocking and saw my bare ass sticking up in the air as I slept. It was his shriek that had awoken me that morning, and after hastily dressing myself, I had cornered him with a spatula, silencing him about the occurrence.

Thankfully, he'd learned his lesson, and waited for me outside my room as I got changed. I didn't really know why he waited every morning, as if my "fuck off!" attitude had zero effect on him whatsoever. His class was so far away from mine and yet he would still linger, just until we got to the door of the dorm building, before he would sprint off to some purple haired girl that waited for him. Girlfriend? Maybe?

And, as usual, she was waiting over by the exit of her dorm, and he jogged over to her, no doubt with that happy-go-lucky smile he always carried, when we left the dorm building. Maybe he has a phobia of empty corridors with shitty carpet patterns?

Scoffing, I turned to walk towards my own class. The morning schedule hadn't been changed, so I still would get to be there all morning, as well as my usual work time at lunch, before this afternoon's torture session. I mean, what was fun about the idea of sitting amongst a bunch of sweaty people cheering on a bunch of even sweatier people kicking a ball around? It was ludicrous, and I dreaded the thought of it. Every second that passed drew me closer to my doom, and before long, it was lunchtime.

I made my way over to the usual spot, and was disheartened to find that the team were warming up maybe 30 metres away from my little sanctuary. Great, now the air would be tinged with their smelly scents! Scowling once again, I lay out my books and started noting a couple of things down. The background noise of the stupid football players was getting annoying, so I scooped up my stuff, and sulked off towards the bleachers.

They were mostly still empty, and so I picked a relatively central seat, and propped up my notepad on my knees. I wasn't sure exactly what I'd be writing down watching this rubbish, but I was sure something would catch my eye. For the next half hour, the bleachers filled at all corners of the pitch, and soon enough all of the stands were full and singing. I already had a headache, and was tempted to just ditch it, but my history professor looked like he was having the time of his life at the end of my row, and so I stayed, intrigued by the mystique that surrounded this first day of the season.

The two teams came out shortly after, the UA College team in red, the others in a luminous green. The ball was placed on the centre point, and the crowd roared a cheer as a player stepped up to it. He was....giant! A good four of five inches taller than me, and I'm no shortass! He stood over the ball and looked around the crowd, in awe of the cheers going his way. I could've sworn he looked me in the eyes, and I suddenly decided I was going to make notes on the match. The first one I made was damn simple.

No. 9 is hot af!

Sighing, I looked up again as the whistle went, and he kicked the ball back to his teammates. I made a few more observations on him as he played, and wrote down fast and water spit!! as he did exactly that, squirting water lazily into his mouth, tired after so much running.

It was maybe....two minutes later when I heard the massive roar of the crowd, and my head snapped up. They've scored! And...it was him...I had no idea how, all I was watching was his celebration. He'd run over to my stand, and had blew a wide kiss out to us, although...again, I could've sworn I saw a wink in my direction. Shaking it off, I put my notepad away in my bag and watched the rest of the game.

It was...actually more exciting than I'd expected, and when the final whistle went, I was half-tempted to join the roaring crowd. They'd won, with Gigantor's goal making the difference! He did a customary lap of the pitch, waving to the fans. Again, a blown kiss at my stand, and I heard the girls all around squealing and waving back, likely desperate for the boy's attention. I just kept looking at him....I thought I hated athletes...?

But he....he made me feel different. I knew the type, of course. The typical athlete would find themselves a fucktoy, and dispose of them as soon as their excess adrenaline was out, so my rational mind was giving me warnings, but my heart was starting to override them. I held my glasses in place to get a better look at him as they walked off down the tunnel, and he kept looking in my direction, quite possibly at the girl behind me in hindsight, but oh fucking well!

I decided to linger by the school for a little while, desperate to get a little bit of work done before i inevitably went back to listen to what the idiot had to say, and so sat by my tree. I was there for about...half an hour (?), before I decided to get up and go back, my head spinning from the conflicting thoughts, not just about History anymore..I think I might-

My glasses flew off my face as the impact came...
————————————————————————-

Cliffhanger.com/imsosorry

Fact of the Day: I'm not sorry 😏