Chapter 4: A Shocking Realization

I was beyond shocked. When Amelia was alive, her human name was Maryanne. The Pink Crimson Demon's first girlfriend that she killed. Jackson was a mystery though, even Amelia doesn't know where he came from. She claims that he's her brother, but who is he really?

Amelia told Jackson to take us to the village's library to learn more about Ninjō. It was a long silent walk, Haru's trembling hand grabs mine. He seems really scared, I'm starting to feel bad. My thumb rubs his hand, reassuring him that everything's okay.

Instead of Jackson being shirtless, he has on a white tank top and instead of being barefoot, he has on leather combat boots. Unfortunately he still has on his old dirty pants. He walks in front of us quietly while holding onto a machete, looking around for anyone or anything that could hurt us. Tall strong-looking trees tower over us, leaves cover the sun from shining on us. Flowers of all different colors surround us as we walk across them. It looked breathtakingly beautiful.

"Why are you so scared?" Jackson suddenly asks. I have no idea who he's talking to, so me and Haru frantically look at each other. Jackson then turns to Haru and asks "What's your name, boy?" Haru's hand still holds on to mine and he answers "M-My name is H-H-Haru." Jackson then scoffs. "Why are you so scared, boy?" He asks again, this time he's getting impatient. Haru quickly answers, saying "I-I don't know." Jackson then points his machete at Haru and we all freeze. Haru's now panicking, two or three tears fall off his flushed cheeks. Poor Haru, he's the main target for people to point knives and machetes at him.

"Leave him alone!" I shout out, but Jackson looks at me and says "He needs to learn how to be a man!" I quickly walk in front of Haru, pushing Jacksons arm away, looking up into his blue eyes, and I say again in a firm tone of voice "Leave. Him. Alone." He looks down at me in shock, I assume it's because someone so small is standing up to someone like him. I see that his face is slightly flushed and he quickly notices this, turning away and covering his blushing face with one hand. "What the hell was that about?" I thought to myself. Haru is just as confused as I am.

Since he's been an asshole to us, he might as well have a taste of his own medicine. "Aww what's wrong? You don't like it when a girl talks to you like this? Your blushing face says otherwise." I tease him while slowly walking behind him. I try to look at his face, but he keeps looking away from me. I snicker at his reaction and continue. "What happen to being a man?" And as I said that, his large hand grabs my chin and lifts so I'm looking up at him. I definitely pissed him off, his eyes are filled with rage and his face is still blushing. "Don't provoke me." he hissed as me lets go of my chin and walks away from us. I stand still in shock and Haru quickly follows Jackson so he doesn't lose him. I don't know what his problem is, he's a whole mystery that's hard to figure out.

~

We finally get to the library. The building is filled with all different kinds of books and tables so people can sit and read. Jackson leans on a wall and tells us to look around while he keeps watch. Geez, Jackson's a human surveillance camera. I roll my eyes and look around at all the books I could pick while Haru sits down at one of the tables to rest.

The girl with blue ribbons lead me at Amelia and Jackson's home for some reason, maybe because of what Amelia told me. That was important information, but I still have no ideas as to what I'm supposed to understand. And speak of the devil, The blue ribboned girl is there, standing in the section that said "History" for the history books. 

"Do you want me to look through here?" I ask her. The blue ribboned girl nods and then walks away.

I frantically search through the books, hoping to find something important here, and one books peeks my interest. A large ancient textbook, and on the front cover it says "Demonic and Urban Encyclopedia" This book has all of the different types of demons and urban legends In this village. There's apparently a lot because the textbook has a lot of pages in it and on the first page, the chapter says: