Chapter 1:

Mary

My maid woke me up. I had a bath and got dressed into my new baby blue gown. My long, ginger hair was braided beautifully, and I was ready to go downstairs. It was the day I had to leave to meet Aléx and live in their huge palace in Spain. "You look so grown up" my mother said to me while wiping a tear from her eyes. "You are going to be a queen soon" " Don't remind me" I said while taking a deep breath " Mary, if anyone has to be worried is me.. Who is going to help me pick the flowers every morning?" she said, we both giggled while getting into the carriage. The moment my father entered the carriage it was total silence. He had always had that effect on everyone, my father and I don't get along so well, I always felt trapped by him but now I might be free, unless Aléx is just like him.

The boat ride was about 3 hours. The moment I felt the ground beneath my feet I couldn't have felt any happier. The excitement started to kick in , the moment I saw the huge castle gates. When the carriage stopped, I saw many servants outside, next to them stood Aléx , his mother, his father and his younger brothers; Alejandro and Armando. The moment I stepped out if the carriage my eyes met Aléx's and I immediately looked down. Maybe this won't be so bad.

" It is very nice to see you again Mary" Queen Amber said to me with a welcoming smile, Aléx just nodded. Aléx was tall and muscular. He had dark, curly hair which was cut short. He had a sharp jawline and green empty eyes. " Let's go inside" King Ander told us with a serious look on his face. As they started to walk inside I stood behind them but Aléx turned around and walked towards me " You're just going to stand there ?" He said in a very serious tone. Yeah, I don't think this is going to be great.

The palace was enormous and the curtains were all red and the furniture all had gold on them. My new maid took me to my room which was opposite Aléx's room. " He requested your room to be in front of his" she said " Why?" I asked " He didn't say miss" " You can call me Mary" "What's your name? " " Megan, my name is Megan" she said with a smile" I will bring your things up mi- Mary" She said and we exchanged a smile. On the right side of my bed was a large window with a small sofa next to it , on the far end of the room was a huge balcony with a view of the garden and the woods behind it. My room was larger than the one I had in Rome. Three maids came in with my things and put everything in place. As I looked out my window I saw my parents leaving and I couldn't have felt more..... relieved. By the time everything was done and put in place it had already became dark " The prince is waiting downstairs for dinner, Mary" Megan told me while fluffing the pillows " Just the prince? " Yes, the king and queen and the princes left to their country house for the next month" " oh ok, tell him I'll be down in a minute"

I put on my white plain dress and went down to the dining room. Aléx was sitting on a round table with a lot of food on it. He pointed for me to sit on the chair next to him. " How was your first day ?" he asked " Tiering" I said while I put a spoon full of soup in my mouth. When I was about to say something else he stood up and left without even saying a word. The look on my face could tell anyone what I was thinking. This is bad ,really bad, how can I marry someone so... so ignorant, rude and selfish?

Megan came up to me and said " He's like that" I nodded and faked a smile, I stood up to go up to my room " Don't-" I turned around confused "Don't go into his room" She said with a worried look on her face " Why not?" I asked, she didn't say anything. " Look, I'm tired I'm going to bed" She nodded. As I walked up the stairs my curiosity started to eat me up inside and I knocked on Aléx's door, I was surprised when he opened the door until I realized he was half naked, he could see the panic in my eyes and said " I'm not your husband yet" I couldn't say anything and I'm glad I didn't. Instead I just turned around and walked to my room. I couldn't sleep that night, I just stayed looking out the window while the rain hit the window, all I could think about was my future ,if I had to marry Aléx.

Hi guys, this is my first book. Hope you enjoy reading it xxx

~ Lara