Chapter 10:

Aléx

Her grip tightened. I had missed her touch so much. Even in that cold whether she had given me warmth, warmth that not even fire can give me. We arrived home. Home. This is our home. She leaped into me as she got off the horse. Federico was right behind us, he and a stable boy took the horses and I took Mary inside. She sat in front of the fireplace in her room. I stayed looking at her, admiring the way her face lit up watching the burning flame, the way her eyes were glossy because of the tears that were waiting to emerge. " What?" She asked, shaking me out of my trance she had put me in.

"Huh? What?" I said confused "You were staring" "Oh, was I?" I said trying to act innocent. I knew she saw right through me as she let out a sigh and a giggle. I had missed hearing her giggle. I missed her so damn much. " Are you okay?" Are the words that came out of my mouth. I already knew the answer to that question. " Yeah. I'm fine" She lied.

She got up gently from the floor and sat in front of the window. " Isn't it nice?" She said her voice full of ... hope? " What is?" " The moon." I looked at her confused " The moon is the only source of light in the dark sky. If it wasn't for the moon, it is complete darkness...." What is she trying to say? " What I'm saying is" she took a deep breath " We all have our moon, that will always shine and help us see when we're in the dark. You are my moon, Aléx .......but you are also my darkness" I was speechless by her words. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I got up and sat next to her, not leaving any space between us.

I cupped her face between my hands and turned her face to face me. I could feel her body was less tense at my touch. We need each other's touch. As my lips crashed into hers, a bolt of energy spread through my veins and I realized that a kiss won't be enough, not this time.