chapter four - plan

After Loki left you in the garden, you headed back to your room with Thor. The whole walk was mostly a one sided conversation of how Thor thought he lost you in the maze of a garden, you didn't mind. It took a while, but you finally made it to your room. You let Thor in. The both of you sat on your bed, enjoying the comfort of it after walking for what felt like forever. 

"Were you alone the whole time, Y/N..?" Thor gently asked, which was abnormal for him. He always seems so harsh and rough with his words, even though that may not be his intention. It confused you for a moment, your eyebrows furrowing, but you relaxed yourself. He placed a hand on your thigh, giving you a soft expression as he patiently waited for you to answer. 

"Well, I was with Loki. But he left." you said bluntly, earning a frown from your friend. Sighing, you shrug your shoulders. Thor seemed disappointed, just earlier today he was overjoyed with yours and Loki's friendship. He sighed as well, then brought you into a large hug, getting buried in all his muscle. Accepting the hug, you attempted to wrap your arms around him. Thor's hugs were always so comforting, everything wrong would quickly escape your mind, and the world would be at complete peace for a moment. If you were to ever hug Loki would it feel the same? Would he take away your worries the same as Thor? He let go, resting his hands on your shoulders, easing any tension that was in them. 

"I'll talk to him." he announced, flashing a small smile. You nodded. And with that Thor got up, gave you a kiss atop your head as he usually does, and he left your room. You weren't sure how his conversation with his brother would go, they're not always the most pleasant thing to happen, there's usually always a fight after. Although the odds were against it, you hoped they could talk normally, and Thor could find out what's going on with Loki. He's never left you so abruptly before, you were nervous you did something wrong. Thoughts swirled around your head of every possible thing you could've done to upset him and make him leave you like that. 

A few days had gone by. You were still thankfully spending time with Loki, but you never heard back from Thor on what Loki said during their conversation, not that he said he'd get back to you on it. Whatever they talked about must not have been that important, where Loki is completely fine being around you. You couldn't help yourself from wondering though, what if Thor knows what Loki was going to tell you, or why he didn't tell you. It made you uncomfortable, the thought of Thor knowing something you didn't, you're the one always telling him things. It's odd. Especially since Thor can't keep secrets that well. It made most interactions on your end slightly awkward.

You were soon going to leave for the library, you and Loki planned to meet there today after twelve. While waiting you began to read to pass the time, which went by faster than expected. You fixed yourself up, then left, following your usual route there. 

Your walk wasn't long, mainly because you were speeding there, not wanting to make Loki wait for you. Finally making it there, you stood outside the doors, you took a deep breath before you went in. You weren't even able to open the doors, something was placed on your shoulder, scaring you beyond all reason. Jumping back and doing a quick spin, you saw that it was only Loki. You don't normally scare so easily, but Loki is always sneaking up on you like this, one day you swear you'll have a heart attack. 

"You've got to stop sneaking up on me like that!" you demanded, shaking your head. He chuckled and reached his hand to your cheek, moving a few strands of hair out from your face. You could feel your face getting hot, all his gestures get you flustered. It's like it's his super power. He smiled softly at you, then took a breath. Your heart was racing, unsure of the cause being your scare, or Loki's behaviors. Maybe both?

"Y/N, I'd like to apologize for leaving you at the garden," he pushed the library doors open gesturing for you to go in, which you did. He followed. "I wanted to tell you something. Something I've been planning, but I'm not sure it's the right time yet." You paused mid walk, and turned to look at him. Flashing a face of confusion, you awaited for his explanation, which he didn't reveal.