Rebirth

I was reincarnated. I died in an early age of 17, while protecting my sister from a car crash, and was reborn as a duke's son in a world of magic. At first, I wondered if it was a dream. Maybe I didn't get in a car accident. Maybe I'm still at home, sleeping soundly while cuddling a teddy bear. And soon, my sister will barge into my room and yell: "stupid brother, you're late again!"

Unfortunately, after months passed, and I turned from a baby to a toddler, I was still stuck in this "dream". Which is why I concluded that this "dream" is reality. I really died in a car accident and was reborn in a different world as Augustus Bedivere. After I realized that, I didn't know how I felt. Was I grateful? Yes. I was thankful that I was able to live again, to breath, and have a loving family. But, I also wondered about my sister. How was she doing? Did she miss me? Blame me for dying? Eventually, I grew numb to it. There wasn't any use worrying about that now. I had no way of finding the answer. Which is why, I need to focus on my new life as Augustus and forget about my past.

There were plenty of things I gathered as a child. The world I'm in has fictional characters, like elves, fairies, and spirits. There were kings and queens all over the continent, but the kingdom I'm in is named Camelot. The political system was a monarchy, where the king is a descendent of king Arthur, the first person to rule Camelot and establish the round table. There are a total of 11 families, excluding the royals. Lancelots, known for their fighting prowess. Galahads, for their strength. Gawains, with knowledge and wisdom. Percivals, will their affinity for healing. Lionells, known for bravery and charisma. Feirefiz, for their affinity with nature. Gareths, who has the best military strategies. Lucans, for their trading skills. Tristans, skilled in stealth. Balins, with an affinity for the arts. And finally, Bediveres, my family, who has divine magic.

Out of every family, I would say mine ranked third, excluding the royal family from rankings. If the Lancelots represented strength, and Gawains represented wisdom, we would represent power. Power of the God. Every heir of the house would become a priest of the Church of light, while their siblings are free to pursue their own careers. If they want, they could become merchants, high ranking officers, and even farmers if it interests them, where the only occasion they would be called back was when the eldest was ill or dead. Augustus, no, I was the only child of my house as of now. Even though I was only one year old and still unable to walk properly, the servants and vassals all treat me with respect, as if I was the master of this house. My parents, despite their busy schedules, try to make time for me every day.

In my past life, my father had disappeared, and my mother died giving birth to me. My brother had to leave me with my grandparents and find work far away to support us at an early age of 14. I had never known a mother's touch, or a father's hug. My brother was the only one there for me, though he was always busy and could barely make time to come home once a year. My sister, who was born a year later than me, was the only light in my darkness, and my most beloved sibling.

My mother in this life is called Leticia Bedivere, formerly the youngest daughter of the Percival family. My father was Gared Bedivere, the current duke of Bedivere and a light priest, with the power of divine light, the strongest holy magic that is used to ward off dark magic.

My mother, coincidentally, had also died in this life. She was a healer and is deeply affiliated with nature. However, her magic was too rare and coveted, so she died from assassination a few days after I was born. Her power was passed onto me, making me one of the rare dual-attributed users. Life and light magic. However, instead of telling others, I kept my life magic a secret and forcefully suppressed it, because in this life, I want to be normal and relaxed. I didn't need to be a hero or fight to become a leader. I wanted to lead a smooth, comfortable life in this fantasy world. With great powers come great responsibilities. With my "normal" power, I'll have the best life!