Season Two: Episode Two (pt.2)

We got there. Ms. Geode tapped me on the shoulder. I jolted awake, and Froakie did too as I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

We looked out the window and the entire environment changed. We were in the bustling city. The sun beamed on the skyscrapers that surrounded the area. The people walking along the sidewalks were clustered blobs of strangers.

But the main beauty was what lied ahead of us: the Pokedome. Ms. Geode only showed us pictures of this thing, but seeing those images couldn't compare to how glorifying it was to see it in real life. This was as great -- if not, better -- than seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time. To think that there was life in there. That we'd be seeing all that life for ourselves and get to call it ours. That white-paneled dome reached the clouds, and that was as high as my spirits right now.

The bus came to a halt in the parking lot and the unbuckling of seatbelts clicked throughout the bus. People already began to stand, but Ms. Geode stood and said, "Sit back down. I know you are excited, but we'll go when the staff comes."

We waited patiently. Or impatiently. The passionate excitement suffocated me.

Ms. Geode began small talk. "What do you think you'll catch?"

"Oh." It slammed into me like a truck.

I actually never thought about that.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

She squinted her eyes. "Are you going into the Pokedome blind?"

"I guess so."

"Huh." She smirked. "Are you trusting your gut?"

"I guess so. Yeah." I repeated.

I should have planned this out better. I spent hours training Froakie for catching Pokemon. I should have spent a few more browsing the internet for good ideas. I sighed, disappointed with myself. Froakie grabbed my arm and nodded. She thought we'd be okay, but I begged to differ.

Whatever clicks with me in the Pokedome, I'll have to stick with.

The driver opened the bus door and everybody stood up again. Ms. Geode rolled her eyes. "Sit!" she raised her voice.

An adult -- most probably a staff member -- came into view. She wore her ginger hair in a ponytail underneath her green and black cap. "Welcome to the Pokedome!" Her voice was all giddy and full of rainbows. "Who's excited?"

The bus erupted. I covered my ears for a moment. Froakie groaned. I thought, okay, we got it! You guys are excited! Now, quiet.

"I will be your designated staff member today." She turned to my teacher and said in a hushed voice, "They can come down now."

She nodded. "Everybody! Now we can come down! Make sure you say 'thank you' to the bus driver."

In a messy fashion, we exited, saying our thanks to him. I made sure Froakie was on my shoulder and I swung my backpack on before I left. The first thing I noticed was the harsh sun on my face. It was hot on the bus, but it was somehow hotter outside. Hopefully, there will be AC in the Pokedome.

Ms. Geode ushered everybody into formation. "Everybody, line up and follow... uh." She paused. "What's your name?"

"You can call me Amanda." She tipped her hat.

"Thank you. Follow Amanda!" She pointed to her.

Like usual, I stayed at the end of the line, but this time with Ms. Geode. We stayed quiet as Amanda led and talked to us.

"Before I let you all wander inside the Pokedome, you must know a few rules. No running, no fooling around, no fighting. There is enough Pokémon for everyone. Pokedome levels are organized by typing. This is so each floor is optimized to a type's best needs and interests. In order to scale these floors, you have to follow the arrows to the closest elevator and have a staff member guide you through.