Prelouge

EDITED

~Jurassic World Lagoon~

Underwater. A submarine approaches the gates of the Jurassic World lagoon. It pauses. After a moment, the gates begin opening and the sub goes through. Up top, we can see the underwater lights of the submarine as it goes through. Back underwater. The Sub Pilot is calm, but the Tech Operator sitting beside him is nervous and sweating. Sub Pilot: "Relax. Anything in here'd be dead by now." The tech operator isn't reassured. As they proceed forward along the lagoon bottom, they come upon the skeleton of the Indominus rex illuminated in the submarine's lights. Sub Pilot: "There he is. The Indominus Rex." The tech operator uses a claw on the end of a mechanical arm to grab one of the skeleton's rib bones and uses a large saw to cut it loose. The claw detaches from the arm and a balloon inflates, carrying the claw, clutching the bone, to the surface with a beeping beacon. Lightning flashes above and we see a dark shadow. Tech: "Thin we should give the remains to the mother of its child?" Sub Pilot: "That's a good way to get killed by an angry mom, ex-navy dad, and lawyers."

~Main Street~

A thunderstorm is raging. Jurassic World has seen better days. Everything is run down and overgrown with weeds and plants. In a small campsite on Main Street, Jack, a mercenary, works on the machinery controlling the lagoon doors. He's wearing a headset and has a handheld device of some sort. A Bell UH-1H-BF Iroquois helicopter sits behind him with the engine running, rotor blades spinning. Sitting upfront is the Helicopter Pilot and the Lead Mercenary. Three more Mercenaries are riding in the back. Sub Pilot: *through Jack's headset* "Specimen collected. Sent to the surface." Jack: "Roger that." He turns to the waiting chopper. Jack: "Air One, cleared for takeoff. begin tracking." Helicopter Pilot: *through Jack's headset* "Copy that." Jack: "Go, go!" Helicopter Pilot: *through Jack's headset* "Tracking on." The helicopter lifts off and flies away. As he watches the aircraft leave, Jack is startled by something moving in the bushes off to his left. We hear a familiar hoot.

~Jurassic World Lagoon~

The helicopter locates the balloon attached to the I. rex bone. Helicopter Pilot: "Land One, the asset is secure. We got what we came for. Comin' back for you. Close the doors."

~Main Street~

Back in the campsite, Jack, alone, contacts the submarine. Jack: "Marine One, I gotta close the gates. Get outta there."

~Jurassic World Lagoon~

Underwater, the two men in the sub prepare to depart. Sub Pilot: "Understood. We're headin' out." The submarine backs up... right into the waiting mouth of the Mosasaurus! Up top, we see the underwater light disappear.

~Main Street~

In the mercenaries' camp, Jack's handheld device is beeping belligerently at him, telling him the sub's signal has been lost. He is concerned. Jack: "Marine One, I need to close the gates. Confirm position." The helicopter lands behind him. The helicopter pilot is also concerned and attempting to contact the sub. Helicopter Pilot: "Marine One? Guys?" The mercenaries' leader, however, is concerned about something else. Lead Mercenary: "What is that?" Through the rain-streaked windshield, he and the pilot can see something huge moving through the trees towards the camp - and Jack, who continues obliviously attempting to contact the submarine. Jack: "Marine One, I'm closing the gates."

~Jurassic World Lagoon~

The lagoon gates begin to shut.

~Main Street~