Rally cap

Fade inside a room where Caboose and Shawn  are seen standing in front of F.I.L.S.S.

F.I.L.S.S: Alarm. Incoming recovery beacon. Level Zero. Alarm. Incoming recovery beacon.

Caboose: Oh no!

Shawn: Oh Muffins.

F.I.L.S.S: Level Zero.

Caboose and Shawn rush out of the room. Cut to Doc driving Wash and the Meta across a snowy field, perfectly serene except for Church's apparently lifeless body.

Washington: There he is. Something doesn't seem right here. Stop the car.

Doc: Stop?

Washington gets out of the car.

Washington: I don't like this. How did he get hurt, why isn't anyone helping him?

Meta: (snarls)

Washington: You're right, this is a trap. Those walls there, perfect for a sniper. We walk in to where he's hurt and suddenly, we're boxed in, nowhere to go.

Doc: You think the Reds are tryin' to ambush us?

Washington: The Reds? Hahaha! No. This is an actual military tactic. We drilled it all the time in training. No, whoever set this up is a Freelancer.

Doc: Yeah, but if a Freelancer set this up, wouldn't they know that you guys were Freelancers, and that you would recognize this as soon as you saw it?

Washington: What? No, you're overthinking it. That's just-

9 landmines begin to light up in a perfect circle around them.

Washington: Oh, son of a bitch.

Doc: (sigh) Told you so.

Then another land mine lights up as the Meta gets out and The Warthog explodes, their main weapons away from them and they were separated.

Back at the freelancer facility.

Caboose and Shawn are approaching the Reds; undoubtedly to tell them their complete misunderstanding of what's going on. Thea and Sarge were near a warthog and Simmons and Grif were on top of the base like they would be at their old one.

Caboose: Sargeant! Sargeant!

Shawn: It's really important.

Sarge gets up and looks at them.

Sarge: What do you want, Blues?

Caboose: We need your help.

Simmons: Our help?

Thea: Why?

Caboose: Yes, Church is hurt, they must have gotten to him and Tex.

Shawn: It's really bad!

Grif: They got Tex? Good, that just means she won't be able to beat the hell out of us any more.

Caboose: No we have to rescue them.

Grif: Rescue them, are you nuts? No one told them to leave, they're on their own.

Caboose: But they'll die! Sargeant please.

Grif: Uh hey dude, I don't know if you've picked up on this yet, but if you wanna convince Sarge to do anything, I don't think the best argument is "The Blues might die if we don't."

Sarge walks up to them.

Sarge: Cowboy up Caboose, I'm comin' with you.

Grif: What?