Chapter I: Sensei

I woke up to the sound of yelling voices and shrieks of terror. I got up from the ground, on which i was laying upon to look out the window. i felt a warm feeling on my face coming from the glass of the window. Everything was blurry, i still hadn't adjusted to the light. I rubbed my eyes and could see a streak of blood splattered onto my window, people panicking through the streets, the other homes were lit up in flames. I saw ten foot tall being with long black hair that touched the back of his knees... he had black markings and runes all over his body except his face...a long grey ragged skirt...and dark red eyes, like mine.

There was a woman with two children in her arms the creture leaped on to her back which caused her to drop both of her children...there was a loud crack as one hit their head on the ground . Blood began to leak out of her little head ... and the other ran off in the other direction...they looked only a year or two younger than I.

The creature, on the woman"s back began to rip, tear and scratch at it until i could see blood shooting out from all places, it sprayed all over my window until nothing was visible........i stood there....shaking...not knowing what to do....i was scared.

I heard a loud bang come from the door to my room i ran to the corner next to the window and curled into a ball....helpless.....the loud bang sounded again ............ then again, until finally it fell down completely. i quickly hid my head in between my legs not wanting to make eye contact with the person who had entered my room, however curiosity took me over ... i lifted my head up slowly only to see a tall, scrawny man wearing ragged clothing, a bandana around his Head making his hair shoot up, a cigarette in his mouth, and a belt with a sheathed katana on the left side of his waist. it was my sensei.

"Tadashi stop being a coward and stand up!" he said sternly.

"Yes sensei", i said obidiently as i stood up.

"Okay....now follow me!", he shouted as he walked out the door and I followed.

As we went through the door we entered the his room and as we went out of his room we entered the living room where the front door to the outside was straight in front of us.
My sensei crouched down to see me eye-to-eye...he said to me in a serious tone, "Listen Tadashi....you're only nine so I don't know if you're ready for this... However I know you've aired seen them...those big, tall creatures you saw with all of those markings on them? Well...those were demons, and I'm going to tell you right now Tadashi...if they so much as smell you! They won't hesitate to tear you apart piece by piece! Now, I know this is a lot to comprehend right now....but do you understand?"

I stood in silence, still trying to process all this through my head...I mean I've heard about demons in legends but I didn't actually know they were real!

"Yes, Sensei", I lied.

He stood up held my hand tight, opened the door, walked out, and held me close behind him
Suddenly all of the panic, the screams, the yelling, it all became so much louder.

"Now, Tadashi", my sensei...shouted trying to speak over the lowed cries of panic. "I need you to stand close beside me at all times until we're at least 10 miles away from this place! Do you understand!"

"Yes, Sensei!" I shouted.

He didn't reply, he just held me tighter as we ran through the loud, panicked crowds. I could barely keep up with his long stride, I felt as though I was going to trip every time I took a step, "Tadashi! You need to keep up! I'm not slowing down!" He shouted to me with frustration.

"I'll try my best Sensei!", I shouted as I struggled to pick up my pace.

"Ah, fuck it!" He said, frustrated. He lifted me up on his shoulders and continued to run.
I turned back to see the town getting smaller and smaller as he ran