♤ Luca Balsa

Requested by: edaxmereal

𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓
• ────── ✾ ────── •

It took a sentence for him to steal your heart, and it took him a day to know he had met his beloved. The taps of your feet swayed with the rhythm of the symphony, his heart beating the same pace with yours. All at once, you and him created a garden of memories, the simple laughter and moments lit the skies with stars. As flora continued to grow, did your feelings become fleeting. He made you happy, made you feel like every moment was a treasure to be cherished. 

A brilliant man, he was well known to stand out from the crowd, pulling everyone with his smarts and charismatic manner. Polite and caring, his presence was a light within a storm. The feeling of his fingers delicately entangled with yours meant acceptance, forming a closed and safe cage with only you and him. He became your heaven, and you became his muse.

However on that fateful day when he had already became an assistant of a famous inventor, the brunette was attacked by the very man he had looked up to. Beaten up with wires and a violet bruise to his left eye, you couldn't ever forget that scene. He was the only one who came out alive in that horrible accident, the famous inventor found lifeless, skin cold and dry. You had remembered the look on everyone's faces, how such bright and young man could ever do such thing to his "mentor." But with every moment you saw the scene unfold, you had already saw the truth.

He had cried in your arms the very same night, pain engulfing his body as if lightning struck every nerve and muscle. His face was pale, voice distressed as he wasn't able to explain what happened. "I didn't- He was- he attacked-" incoherent words came out of his lips, the pain altogether losing control. The man you loved was stolen away just like that, but even so, you were always with him - even on the day he was found guilty of murder.

Luca Balsa was your beloved's name, and it would be engraved in your brain forever - even if he couldn't remember yours...

.

.

.

There was a single flicker of light, red, yellow, and orange tints enveloping a flame. The heat small, a warmth kissed your bare hands. Attention focused on the thin paper, your lips thinned at the letters addressed for you. Your fingers wrinkled the sheet, unfolding the monochrome shades of white. Ink drowning within, your eyes scanned a familiar - but slightly unhinged writing. You had remembered who wrote it, as previous letters he sent you started to wither.

The curves of his name lingered after every entry, and yet you noticed how different it had gotten with every message. Shaken, restless, and tense, the words scribbled onto the page told you of his condition. Luca had been suffering with amnesia, and slowly, you realised he has been forgetting you too. His rambling didn't ease onto the letters, countless of pages dedicated itself to the restlessness of his mind, trapped in thoughts of a peculiar invention that was left unfinished. That was all he ever talked about, and despite how you usually found it endearing, did you also realise his loss of words when it came to you. Your name itself begun to disappear with each message, as if his shocked mind malfunctioned, clearing the letters of his beloved's name one by one until all was left was a silent "you."

That was what he remembered you as, no name, and no reminder of your appearance. It was as if he was writing to a ghost of his past, and you were the last one to come out of it. But in a way you were glad that he still sent you letters regardless, fleeting feelings still blooming as ever even if it had battled doubts and unhinged hopes of his recovery. He was going to be better, and after you prove of his innocence, Luca would come back — the same man who captured your heart with ease.